AC Skoda 130 RS @ Bikernieki - Tuesday 6th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This Tuesday 6th April we're back in Latvia at Bikernieki, in the Skoda RS and you are invited to join! Hard to believe it's April!!

bik_06_01.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

s8xuhNy.jpg

Event Details
  • Cars: Skoda 130 RS
  • Track: Bikernieki Big Ring
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (80 minutes)
  • 19:20 UTC | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 19:40 UTC | Race (30 minutes)

Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Practice and race server password: click here

Entry List:

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Never driven the old Skoda, very interesting and Bikernieki is a cool track (a bit too narrow for Group C :) ). Is the "Big Ring" the normal layout or?

Never driven the old Skoda, very interesting and Bikernieki is a cool track (a bit too narrow for Group C :) ). Is the "Big Ring" the normal layout or?

It's a great car. Maybe not so fast but very fun to drive and it offers some really close racing.

This is a new track for me. It sure looks cool too. I've signed up but not 100% sure I can make it yet.

Big ring is the full outer lap. The high speed ring is more the normal layout i suppose. New car and track for me too!

Big ring is the full outer lap. The high speed ring is more the normal layout i suppose. New car and track for me too!

Big Ring is cool and the layout I was thinking of. We raced there a few times already, last time with the MX-5 I guess.

Allright, signed up on SGP. :thumbsup:

I only drove the Skoda one time at Mas du Clos and it was good fun. The track is completely new to me, so I hope to get in one or two sessions before the race.

It's very likely I enter the practice server today at about 8:00 UTC (10:00 in Germany, Europe), so in a bit more than an hour from now on...

Last edited:
Wow, after my first test I can say it's a very funny combo. Driving the car through a few parts of the track feels like balancing on a slag line.

It's very demanding if you get the right swing but can easily cost a few tenths if you slightly overdo it or miss the line or carry too less speed through a section.

I think it can become a good race, because everyone will have a few mistakes here and than.

This looks like a lot of fun. I will do my best to make it, although I haven't signed up yet because I don't know what time I'll arrive home.

BTW @Interslice looks like an update for the car dropped today. I'm guessing that we'll be still using version 1.8 as shown on s.gp?

Last edited:
I'd also suggest to stay with the second last 1.8 version for this event, because the SGP-Event has been announced with it and links to that version since then.

The latest 1.9 version includes many physics updates, which could change the feeling of the handling and possibly make older setups useless. This could be a disadvantage to those, who had an early practice session with no more free time to prepare much more.

So in my opinion such a late change could create some trouble and might not be fair to everyone.

Last edited:
Agree totally with Reik.
The only reason I asked was because I'm not sure how s.gp goes about updating it's mods. For instance, if there was some automated system (ok this is very unlikely, but still...) it may begin using the latest version without notice. I've just checked and on the Mods tab it's still saying v1.8 but I think it's worth participants keeping an eye on that just in case. :) :thumbsup:

I hopped on the practice server with the 1.9 version and it didn't get me any checksum fail. :O_o:
Reik and I was online at the same time. I wonder which one is the faster version.;)

That won't matter for me though. I'll just make sure to get enough practice not to cause any major accidents. Turned out to be a really nice track but I will have to turn on track map for this one.:p

I hopped on the practice server with the 1.9 version and it didn't get me any checksum fail. :O_o:
Reik and I was online at the same time. I wonder which one is the faster version.;)

That won't matter for me though. I'll just make sure to get enough practice not to cause any major accidents. Turned out to be a really nice track but I will have to turn on track map for this one.:p

Can we have a gentlemans agreement to use the 1.8 version? I've no control over what updates do or don't happen unfortunately.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%