rF2 Skip Barber @ Limerock Park - Tue 30 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Skippy@LRP.jpg

Welcome to the rFactor2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It's an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU SKIPPY
Cars: Skip Barber Formula 2000 (Steam)
Track: Lime Rock Park 2012 - no chicane layout (Steam)

Tuesday 30/04/19
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (30 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:00 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:05 UTC (30 minutes)

Entry List
- 20 slots
  1. [COLOR=#ff0000]Denis Betty[/COLOR] (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Stephen Gibb
  3. DKOliver
  4. RainhamIron
  5. Martin Fiala
  6. Daniel Monteiro (?)
  7. R.Pike
  8. Juan Roguez
  9. Craig Dunkley
  10. Pauli Ahonen
  11. Daniel R.
  12. newbert (?)
  13. Ruben Cerlem
  14. Lesley Buurlage
  15. Matt Rosum
  16. Raf Nix
  17. Kresh
  18. Anders Jensen
  19. pattikins
  20. Daniel Nieto
  21. kamackeris
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#90

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Well, they run a RL racing school there. I think it's with this car, so... Combo seems pretty good to me. :thumbsup:
That sounds as good a reason as any for us to give it a go. I did try the car briefly recently before the Watkins Glen event, and found that it swapped ends quite easily. Hopefully there's some kind of setup tweak to counter that...

Incidentally I also tried the GP3 briefly at the historic 1972 layout of Imola. That was a fab combination!! One you might like to try out too sometime ;)

GP3?
Actually, the setup options on the Skippy are pretty limited.
You just have to be super smooth. It took me several laps, but eventually I posted the fastest time in practice against the AI. I'll try to get the server up over the weekend, but give it a go against the AI and I think you'll see what I mean. :thumbsup:

That sounds as good a reason as any for us to give it a go. I did try the car briefly recently before the Watkins Glen event, and found that it swapped ends quite easily. Hopefully there's some kind of setup tweak to counter that...
The Skippy is a car that's supposed to teach drivers proper driving technique, so it is intentionally made to kinda exaggerate weight transfer and all that stuff and respond strongly to it. So, like Denis said, you just have to be very smooth and mindful when driving it.

It's been a while since I've driven it, but one thing I seem to remember is you have to be very careful under braking, basically only ever brake in a straight line and also not come off the gas fully to be able to manage the lift off oversteer.

Also, there are two versions of the car in the tuning screen available, where the difference is the tyres they used. I can't remember off the top of my head, but one is called National I think, but can't remember the other one, neither can I remember which is which. But basically one of them has regular grooved tyres, while the other one has slicks (I believe). The one with the grooved tyres is noticeably trickier to drive, for obvious reasons, and it might be the one the game chooses by default, if I'm not mistaken.

The Skippy is a car that's supposed to teach drivers proper driving technique, so it is intentionally made to kinda exaggerate weight transfer and all that stuff and respond strongly to it. So, like Denis said, you just have to be very smooth and mindful when driving it.

It's been a while since I've driven it, but one thing I seem to remember is you have to be very careful under braking, basically only ever brake in a straight line and also not come off the gas fully to be able to manage the lift off oversteer.

Also, there are two versions of the car in the tuning screen available, where the difference is the tyres they used. I can't remember off the top of my head, but one is called National I think, but can't remember the other one, neither can I remember which is which. But basically one of them has regular grooved tyres, while the other one has slicks (I believe). The one with the grooved tyres is noticeably trickier to drive, for obvious reasons, and it might be the one the game chooses by default, if I'm not mistaken.
Top tips, thanks!

I find the Formula Vee drives pretty similar. But with the F Vee, you can adjust the suspension a little more, so you can reduce the lift off oversteer. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%