Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
So I just downloaded the mod. I can't find the car. I downloaded a few cars and tracks already today and I've done the same thing will all of them. This is 100% in the cars folder, but I can't find anything.

So I just downloaded the mod. I can't find the car. I downloaded a few cars and tracks already today and I've done the same thing will all of them. This is 100% in the cars folder, but I can't find anything.
Would bet money that two folders into the directory is the actual real content/cars/ folder.

I’m loving this version of the skip guys, very good job.

I seem to lock the wheels if I apply more than 30-40% of brake pressure, is this something I can tweak or is it just the way it behave because of the way it’s built?

I’m loving this version of the skip guys, very good job.

I seem to lock the wheels if I apply more than 30-40% of brake pressure, is this something I can tweak or is it just the way it behave because of the way it’s built?
There should be a "brake pressure" setting in the setup menu. Turn it down as much as you like.

In general though, these older car physics have insufficient long. grip in the load curve, so they can be a bit difficult on brakes. I'm not planning to update it any time soon, though. Maybe some day.

Thank Kyuubeey, it's a lovely car nonetheless.
I'm looking forward to see what you do if/when you update it though.

Last edited:
Well, I have been taking another look at the physics, now with better parameters for tires, the car itself and Cphys possibilities. There isn't as much data as the SRF, so it will not be as accurate as it, but just bringing everything up to date to modern methods and implementing Cphys would be enough to begin with.

I don't know if/when we will update the car though, but maybe there are some surprises in the future.

@Marcel B.
Replying to your review:

There is no center spring effect in the car, nor is that kind of effect possible to be implemented in any way.
The FFB is purely from the physics engine from rack-end forces and just scales from FFMULT. It is possible that FFMULT is too high for high-end wheels. You can use numpad+ and - to scale it on-track.

KS' default self aligning torque isn't correct though, and Cphys adds a nice more realistic gyro damping possibility, so the FFB is somewhat improved with Cphys implementation, but unfortunately many cars of this era have very bad steering geometry in the front, with high scrub radius. It will result in very heavy, uncommunicative steering feedback, and that is what drivers of the real car claim it feels like, so I don't think it is inaccurate.

If you are on a DD, is the Skippy clipping when most other cars would not be?

I know chances are low, but is a shoot it worth to be done... Is it, by any coincidence in life any skip barber access person here? it seems that they have been sold from the academy, so they no longer have them. Im trying to collect a 360 photo set arround the car for a photoscan. If you know someone who has, o r can get access to one skip barber PLEASE let me know

Last edited:
3DChassis2.PNG

I'm not sure if this would be useful in a 3D modeling process, but it's helping me place the suspension points. There were some difficult points that I managed to nail down better thanks to this mock chassis. The old geometry isn't super duper accurate and neither will this be, but it's making more sense at least. I'm happy if I can get everything down to 1cm error on average.

Last edited:
Any change that the strange behaviour from the rev counter will be fixed some day? it still shows high revs when in idle in the pits with the latest update avail here on RD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back