AC Skip Barber @ CTMP - Monday 28 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
As per Allan ..pressures are the thing with AC ..if you get the green tires also, that is great ...but always work on your pressures ..sometimes I have messed with camber to try and get more heat ..it just does not work..Pressures George, stick with that.

I am also using his setup with a few adjusts to suit my driving :thumbsup:

Sorry Craig was just doing practice and my bloody wheel clamp has snapped gonna have to get in touch with thrustmaster to get a new one. wont be able to take part tonight.

I'm really sorry for the incidents I caused in both races lap 1. I usually make it clean, but I just couldn't get it together on lap 1(s) today. Maybe I shouldn't have raced today

Sorry for John, Pattrick and Fazzi for hitting you in first and second races ... I tried too much in the first race to get John and Pattrick in one corner but understeered massively. Fazzi - Car Radar said it was clear so I thought I have space to take the apex. Saw the reply and I just didn't leave enough room.

Consistency. It's my biggest challenge. I just can't get lap after lap after lap ... There must be a mistake or something ... too eager to race ... maybe I need to slow down ...

Sorry for John, Pattrick and Fazzi for hitting you in first and second races ... I tried too much in the first race to get John and Pattrick in one corner but understeered massively. Fazzi - Car Radar said it was clear so I thought I have space to take the apex. Saw the reply and I just didn't leave enough room.

Consistency. It's my biggest challenge. I just can't get lap after lap after lap ... There must be a mistake or something ... too eager to race ... maybe I need to slow down ...
No problem, Raresch. That's racing. I find it very hard myself to be aware of all cars in the first turns of the race. Maybe VR will help but with my single screen it's alway a challenge.

No worries Raresch, as Han said above, it was a racing incident.... a slight lock up pushed you a couple of feet offline, otherwise you'd have got us:thumbsup:. I was slower in due to Axel taking the inside, Helicorsa showed you at the last moment as I tucked in behind him and I tried to give you a car's width. But most of all, it's great to see you getting so much quicker after all your effort. Unfortunately:whistling::p

There's something really special about these week-day races (IMO) that Craig puts on, in that, you know if there's an incident, it was a mistake, not malicious in any way. Thanks to all of you for such great racing.

So, @Craig Dunkley when do we have the glorious DTM Calibra at the Hockenheim (or any other venue!) event that was cancelled a while ago, well, hm hm? :ninja::p Superb car, selfishly, would love to have a bash with it again.

Thanks for tonight Craig, really appreciated:)

Thanks for the racing guys, great fun :D ..The first race never lasted long though, I lost connection after around 3 laps :( ..second race was great, managed to bring her home for a respectable position.

There were good battles throughout the field, that is always nice to see ...this is why I like to have at least 10+ drivers on board, this usually means a good spread of skill level in the event :thumbsup:

Next week is totally different, just trying to make sure that everybody is catered for ..we take the Audi RR (VLN) for a sprint race (4) laps around the Nords ..it should be a blast, I hope that you will all sign up if you a free.

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to all those that had fun and managed to finish :thumbsup:

Was great fun thanks Craig. Pity I couldn't hold it together as had good position in race 1 running 5th for a few laps with Han right up my chuff :sneaky:

I've just watched the replay. Did you slow down for me @ start/finish line? Directly following the crash I somehow managed to destroy my engine, so my race was over. To ensure that I could watch the replay I exited the game. Unfortunately, that means taking off my Oculus/headphones to walk across my room to my PC desk. Obviously I'm unaware of anything that is being said to me. The same applies to gaps between qualification & the race - I hope people don't think I'm being rude when i don't answer - it's down to age & too many mugs of tea :cry:

I've just watched the replay. Did you slow down for me @ start/finish line? Directly following the crash I somehow managed to destroy my engine, so my race was over. To ensure that I could watch the replay I exited the game. Unfortunately, that means taking off my Oculus/headphones to walk across my room to my PC desk. Obviously I'm unaware of anything that is being said to me. The same applies to gaps between qualification & the race - I hope people don't think I'm being rude when i don't answer - it's down to age & too many mugs of tea :cry:
Yes, I did slow down for you. Because I knew it was somehow my fault, going too fast, understeered into john and then you hit me because I was in the middle of the road. First I saw you on the grass with the nose pointed in the right way, but then I saw you spinned. I just thought it was somehow my fault also, I don't know.
I was a little bit angry when you just went out of the server :O_o: Didn't say anything, thou. So you're fine :D
P.S. What should we do to not hit each other? :)) I think there is only one or two races where we are one next to each other and we didn't hit, crash or something :)) Almost every time we get fighting, in first turns, we hit :confused::confused:don't know-how. I have to race more, with AI also, to have more clean overtakes. I usually take an alternative line too hot or too late and I understeer in the guy in front or something. I don't want it. I am just too eager to pass and I make mistakes. Understeer in most cases and then oversteer.

Last edited:
Was great fun thanks Craig. Pity I couldn't hold it together as had good position in race 1 running 5th for a few laps with Han right up my chuff :sneaky:
Yes was certainly fun. And what a great overtake from you in that last turn:thumbsup:. Very well executed!

And thanks for organizing, Craig. I'm really beginning to like the Skippy.

Don't worry about it Patrick ...we now know why you are so rude :p:roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years