Skins sharing methods question.

Doug62

Premium
Hi all.
Skins in Player folder
As users off rF2 we all, or most off us use custom skins whether in a league or to try and have a offline series.
We know that rF2 isn't really user friendly at the moment. With the new materials Region and json for what ever reason the Mas. isn't working like it used to. The Mas is what is used for sharing skins via the server. It's quick and simple file download and install. Well, used to be. Now however skins don't work with just the Mas alone. The Mas can't be delete or removed, It has to be there but it also needs the open files for extras like windows, drivers,, These files are quite large and to some time to download via a server. When there's a few this can take more time than it's worth to join a server.

Off cause to set up skins for sharing via a server you can just have the 3 file elements in the Mas. Livery DDS, Region DDS, json but the car will use the default windows, Banner and so on. However I tried recently to load a Mas only skin and rF2 crashed.

The second issue with this method is Driver naming via the rcd ini file that accompanies the team folder that contains the Mas.

I hope I've made it clear enough that it is understandable to most now this works.

The other method is Skin packs.
Skin pack use the veh ini file. This is the full new teams description. This method allows driver names to work correctly. Allows the ICON (car select screen) to work correctly. Puts all the DDS, json, veh, png files into 1 Mas so creates a complete new mod as a extension to the original. It can be setup to add to the original skins (series) or it can be setup as a series off it's own.

The question today is what would you like to see used?
Some may have the ESeries GT3 Skins pack or the FiA Formula 3 skins pack. Examples off what is possible.

Hi all.
Skins in Player folder
As users off rF2 we all, or most off us use custom skins whether in a league or to try and have a offline series.
We know that rF2 isn't really user friendly at the moment. With the new materials Region and json for what ever reason the Mas. isn't working like it used to. The Mas is what is used for sharing skins via the server. It's quick and simple file download and install. Well, used to be. Now however skins don't work with just the Mas alone. The Mas can't be delete or removed, It has to be there but it also needs the open files for extras like windows, drivers,, These files are quite large and to some time to download via a server. When there's a few this can take more time than it's worth to join a server.

Off cause to set up skins for sharing via a server you can just have the 3 file elements in the Mas. Livery DDS, Region DDS, json but the car will use the default windows, Banner and so on. However I tried recently to load a Mas only skin and rF2 crashed.

The second issue with this method is Driver naming via the rcd ini file that accompanies the team folder that contains the Mas.

I hope I've made it clear enough that it is understandable to most now this works.

The other method is Skin packs.
Skin pack use the veh ini file. This is the full new teams description. This method allows driver names to work correctly. Allows the ICON (car select screen) to work correctly. Puts all the DDS, json, veh, png files into 1 Mas so creates a complete new mod as a extension to the original. It can be setup to add to the original skins (series) or it can be setup as a series off it's own.

The question today is what would you like to see used?
Some may have the ESeries GT3 Skins pack or the FiA Formula 3 skins pack. Examples off what is possible.
The reason for the driver name issue is when an rcd file is created the drivers names is also recorded in an ini file called all_vehicles.ini which is in the player folder. If that name is already in that file and the new name is the same as the one in the ini file the new one will not work. Each driver name in the ini file has an ID number which contain drivers name, car info such as which car, skin name, mirror settings, seat position, ffb mult setting. It will not duplicate drivers names. Hope this info may be helpful.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%