SKINS - Numberplates, lights and colour diferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Garcia

Premium
Hello guys,

as I am the one following the progress of your skin works, I have noticed some things you have to take care and do in the right way:

1.- NUMBERPLATES: Numberplates have to be in a correct size, not too big or not too small. Look as a correct example the TBR, BFR, BVM or PJD cars HERE.

2.- LIGHTS: Lights cover crystals can´t be 100% opaque, or at least there have to be an open transparent space to let the lights do their work. It is mandatory because on rain races Race Direction will ask the drivers to turn the lights on, and it have to be visible.

3.- COLOUR DIFERENCES: Colour diferences between same team cars have to be diferent enough as to be distingished in the broadcast screen, so take care and choose very diferent colours to paint your banners, mirrors and little details.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
David

Do you think the light is at all influenced by how you paint the lights ? I doubt very much as even in GTR2 where the light do work propperly you couldn't influence the lights by how you painted them. It would also mean you could change the colour by how you paint them and that would give weird effects :) . Don't have much experience with painting lights in EVO but in GTR2 i know it doesn't change anything as the lights intensity and colour are done by a seprerate dds file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%