Skins - 420R Racecar

Skins Skins - 420R Racecar 1.5c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Ben,

I'm making a skin for the 420 for a mate racing in the Caterham series.

Trying to remove the number squares and little sponsors down the side and can't seem to manage it. I guess there's an alpha channel somewhere. I remember doing it on the older version.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
Hi Ben,

I'm making a skin for the 420 for a mate racing in the Caterham series.

Trying to remove the number squares and little sponsors down the side and can't seem to manage it. I guess there's an alpha channel somewhere. I remember doing it on the older version.

Thanks,

Ben
My skins work in mysterious ways...

yeah in order to have it compatible between Academy and 420R, i made the diffuse the same in two cars, but they find transparency in the decals_nrm

nothing is obvious, obviously, and the tiny white top right square is for the white under the "seven uk" label on the nosecone.
unknown.png

but anyways,
just make the whole decals_nrm a tiny transparent dds in your skin folder and voila

420race_number_name.dds (for number and name) should work the same as before, make it transparent

(just noticed it doesn't work on the academy, i forgot a transparency parameter in the export)

Some skins display as yellow body colour (even though the skin is not yellow). Is there something we can do to "recover" these skins for use with this model version, or are these old generation skins fundamentally incompatible?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%