Skins - 420R Racecar

Skins Skins - 420R Racecar 1.5c

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Ben,

I'm making a skin for the 420 for a mate racing in the Caterham series.

Trying to remove the number squares and little sponsors down the side and can't seem to manage it. I guess there's an alpha channel somewhere. I remember doing it on the older version.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:

Ben O'Bro

Premium
Hi Ben,

I'm making a skin for the 420 for a mate racing in the Caterham series.

Trying to remove the number squares and little sponsors down the side and can't seem to manage it. I guess there's an alpha channel somewhere. I remember doing it on the older version.

Thanks,

Ben
My skins work in mysterious ways...

yeah in order to have it compatible between Academy and 420R, i made the diffuse the same in two cars, but they find transparency in the decals_nrm

nothing is obvious, obviously, and the tiny white top right square is for the white under the "seven uk" label on the nosecone.
unknown.png

but anyways,
just make the whole decals_nrm a tiny transparent dds in your skin folder and voila

420race_number_name.dds (for number and name) should work the same as before, make it transparent

(just noticed it doesn't work on the academy, i forgot a transparency parameter in the export)

Some skins display as yellow body colour (even though the skin is not yellow). Is there something we can do to "recover" these skins for use with this model version, or are these old generation skins fundamentally incompatible?
Thanks.

Last edited:

RaceDepartment Store

The Apex wheel stand is the next step in the evolution of our best-selling wheel stand. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 134,95 Bringing all the most loved features from our original model and some new sought-after design changes we have developed a wheel stand which meets the needs of any sim...
Upgrade your monitor stand for larger mounting points (larger than 200mm spacing) - 300mm x 400mm This part is designed to mount to any Trak Racer Monitor Stand (including on TR8) to increase the VESA hole spacing.
Why just mount your new wheel on a desk! Get a full and stable gaming experience with Trak Racer’s FS3 Premium Wheel Stand. The FS3 has the most adjustable wheel mount on the market, along with an adjustable pedal plate and gear shifter mount. The upgraded FS3 wheel stand isn't just built to be...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
Introducing the official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo®. Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 969,85 FEATURES Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base: The...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
Views
Reaction score
Celebrating our partnership with Formula 1™ as official provider of the F1® Esports Series, the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports V2 is designed for driving Formula 1 cars at the limit. The V2 comes with magnetic shifters, customisable RGB LEDs, revised electronics, and an exchangeable quick...
Trak Racer Black Anodized Aluminium Add-On Side Arms for an existing Single Monitor Stand (80mm high x 40mm wide) For Monitors and TVs up to 45" Trak Racer Monitor Stands suit most monitors on the market with VESA Mounting Points (75/100/150/200/300/400mm) and come with a 5-year warranty...