Skinning Question

I'm done creating my first skin for the Formula Vee, and it looks great. But one thing that irks me is that I don't know how to create a continuous line across several parts. Example: Let's say I want to create a line stretching from the left sidepod, over the nose of the car to the right sidepod. I would have no Idea how to do that.

i`m not sure if I understand where is the problem but just draw the line from sidepod over the nose to the other side .. very roughly done on picture bellow .. on that picture side lines are thicker than the one on front so it is not gonna fit properly (havent check it ingame) but you got the idea .. for fitting it perfectly use wire frame or just try it over again until it fits ..
if you don`t know how to do something, how it fits together draw over every part number, or markers, save the skin with those numbers and check it ingame .. but Vee is too simple for that ..

FVee_1.jpg

Last edited:
The Vee is a super easy car to skin and with mostly everything you will use the wireframe layer like ouvert said to help you find stuff and line it up. A quick method i adapted from iRacing while painting with PS lets me save it really fast and see it in game by having it open in the backround so i can get things to lineup faster.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%