Hi everyone :)
I've started to create an Oreca 03 skin based on the livery of Pegasus Racing. I paint it with the software Gimp and then export it into .dds with Paint.net
But when I select the car in the menu, this one is too much bright

1477668697-ams-2016-10-27-19-04-30-78.png

I heard that we have to put an alpha layer to avoid this problem, so where can I do this ?
Many thanks for the answers ;)

I'm not sure, I found a skin of the Alpine for the same car, and this one works fine, I haven't any problem with it :
1477673177-alpine.png

Maybe it is because there's a transparent layer on it, I don't have the same on my car

1477673186-pegasus.png

(It isn't finished yet, it was just a first test :))

So, I just tried to export the skin in .dds directly with Gimp, but I get a message which says "
DDS: It appears your image may be a volume map,
but not all layers are the same size, thus a volume
map cannot be written."

And when I overwrite the new .dds file into the Oreca's folder, the car appears black and bright ingame

Sorry about all my questions (it's the first time I create a skin for Ams :p), but what should I do ?

Can I ask a slightly off-topic question here? The Historic GT mod for AMS (HistoriX for rFactor) cars are all too bright, though not as bad as the first example above. Do they need this alpha layer treatment to look more like current generation AMS cars? Any competent modders out there willing to help with it?

Can I ask a slightly off-topic question here? The Historic GT mod for AMS (HistoriX for rFactor) cars are all too bright, though not as bad as the first example above. Do they need this alpha layer treatment to look more like current generation AMS cars? Any competent modders out there willing to help with it?

It might be the alpha levels on the skins, but I'd image it could be to do with the shaders for the models

It might be the alpha levels on the skins, but I'd image it could be to do with the shaders for the models

Exactly, first you have to add the latest Reiza carshaders to the model, after that you can adjust the alpha channel on your cartexture. Not the other way around.
Adobe Photoshop/Paintshop is the tool to use, with the DDS Plugins. If you take a look into any Reiza cartexture you will notice the alpha channels are very dark and in grey colorschemes.

Thanks for the info. I won't muck things up trying to do it myself. We are working on a number of other areas and the mod is now 100% playable and enjoyable in AMS. Updating the graphics would be the icing on the cake, but I'll wait for someone who better knows what their doing to volunteer. PM me if there is any interest.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%