Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

The top one is
walkaway-logo.jpg

The bottom is http://www.theautomotivegroup.com.au/index.html you'll have to make it
[Edit]
Yes, Looks like.
qa3t.png

Last edited:
Hi

relatively new to skinning and in particular to these cars. I'm hoping to join in the Australian community racing and they all have the own skins it seems, I have got my paint job to a point im happy with and now m moving onto windows and rims.

I want to use the nice allow spokes rims and not the 5 star items.

1. how do I go about correctly getting my car to use those rims ??? is there a tutorial thread with this info already?

i have figured so far it is something to do with the a line like this in the .VEH
Upgrades=13_ORH_Upgrades.ini
as when i copy that from another car using the spoked rims i get them on mine, I assume thats a bit dodgey way of doing it though.

Windows and the display stand will be my next challenge, i see there is a thread tutorial for windows already.

2. When opening the window template it says a font is missing helvetical Tstd. any have a link to that font please ?

thanks in advance for your help

i have figured so far it is something to do with the a line like this in the .VEH
Upgrades=13_ORH_Upgrades.ini
as when i copy that from another car using the spoked rims i get them on mine, I assume thats a bit dodgey way of doing it though.

1. Dodgy? No, That exactly how it works. With the rims, exhaust and fuel intakes can be set as default by putting the one you want at the top of the list.

2. That font was bought. It's not a free font so a link is not available. However there are close free fonts available. When opening the psd just allow it use a different font the you have.

Ok, let's see if I can explain this so people can understand.

Currently in the upgrades ini there are 4 tyre compounds. The upgrades are more for physics, not textures.
The paintable tyrewall is the only tyre entry that shows a different naming. So you can custom paint a tyre texture. The down side is this texture will only show on your car and worse, It wont show right when the tyre is rotating because rFactor uses 4 textures for each tyre type. 00= standing (This is the one you see on the spinner) 01= Standing (On the track, in the pits) 02 & 03 are blurred to a degree. 03 more then 02 for obvious reasons.
Anyway. To change the texture on the tyre these 4 elements would need to be applied. Which would be as a upgrade but it would only work on the car that has the upgrade set for it. Meaning, To get all the cars showing that texture, all would need that upgrade set. Now this would work if all cars were being used by people in a online server. Would the AI changed still retain the upgrade? No, I doubt it. Reason is they would default back for the AI.

Let's see if I can explain why this happens.
I'll use a visual thing that you can see it happen to. The rims. You know you have a choice of rims right? Well you can choose a set of rims, Assign them and they will stay on the car for you on track. "But" If you choose to use a different car, the rims on the first car will default back to the ones set for that car as default.
To have as a upgrade tyre texture sidewalls the AI would always default back. The only way to set any upgrade as default is to have it as the first upgrade in the upgrades ini. This is how the cars have different Rims, Exhaust and fuel inlets in some cases.

So without going into it any deeper, No you can't change the tyre texture on all cars from one type to another at a wim. It can be done in say the Custom_Series as a default tyre wall, Yes but then your stuck with that texture only on all AI.

You can do all sorts of things to the car your using, But only that car and as long as you use it. As soon as it becomes a AI, all upgrades are default back to original determine be the upgrades ini.

I hope this makes sense.? It is hard to write stuff like this that doesn't just confuse people more.. :unsure::)

Hi Guys.

In answer to the locking of upgrades (specific tyres etc) in the community content sections. This is done using a specific file, which I am sure I didn't include in that season, only in the Year specific mods.

As such, this means you can run softs or hards around any track. But like Doug said... It won't change the tyre graphic when you change the tyre compound

Hi Guys.. This was always a plan, but due to the volume of work vs the demand, they kinda got shelved with real life taking priority.

I can say the reason dougs hasn't got 05 is because it is sitting on my Hard drive. It was originally put together by ChaosF1, myself and I think 1 other (without looking at it closely, but was also originally built for the first V8Factor release, so when we built Unleashed there were some graphical changes in the models that had an impact on some of the skins.

If there is enough demand, I could compile what we have, but they would be skins based only, with no suits and Helmets.

Lets see what this thread can offer.

still_bacon, that would be good if you can get them out there. I know I can live without the suits and helmets, but if people want them, they can have a go of making them. With all the effort that you've put into making the skins, it would be a shame not to have them released for people to enjoy.

having not heard from aussiedano, am I doing these on the correct templates ? and the correct livery`s for 05 ?
don`t want to go to far if there not.
If it comes down to us helping with releasing our skin here these two are done.
I may not have the 05 build currently I did at one stage. No idea were it's gone but gone none the less.

Just a few from 05. There are Holden as well. I have all the 03 sprint rounds only. No Bathurst.
No 04. djr, fpr, Fujitsu, Glenford and Betta Elec rebuilds 06 early, mid, Bathurst and final liveries for those.

Gav and I did have all the 06 cars in-game but he used the Supercars logo off the BF template. Because the template is scaled bigger then the BA it all looks wrong now. And all the Holden's are the same.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing