Team ORSM

Looking good so far mate! :D
#34 Tander on windows
#4 Ambrose & Ingall like you have done already on the windows but Ambrose has AI driver seeing #4 is his normal car.

Going off what I can make out and some googling I've come up with the following sponsors

As to sponsors on the #34 car
(Above Number 34) Netspace and Holden logo.
(Rear Windows) Network Ten and Foxsports
(Front Splitter) Browne & Co

Sponsors on the #4 car
(Rear Window) Network Ten and Foxsports
(Under dunlop on front guard) SMINT
(Under ford logo on front guard) V8 Supercars logo
(Above number 4) Bob Jane Tmarts
(Side Skirts *Starting from the left*) Coretech.com.au * Comp Cams * 4CD Print * PPG *
SP Tools.

ba6f.png

That's really a question for Still-Bacon. He was the programer for this stuff. But yeah, it was supposed to use what you choose as I understood it. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything.
You have looked in the upgrades I'm guessing?

The point of the Community section and why the CustomSeries was built, was to allow leagues to create their own season schedule without the track config stopping the choice of tyres and tank size from getting in the way. Tho it seem this part of the mod has been overlooked and most have just added their league drivers/liveries to a season. No idea why? You can't say it was easier. That's crap! There's no difference. The CustomSeries was to prove that plus you could use any of 6 models were as with the seasons their restricted to the cars that ran in that year.
Anyway, getting way off topic now.

With the CustomSeries you can add any of the 6 models just by setting up a veh ini file from that car that's in the Community section. The cars are there, they just need assigning to a team. Simple enough.

Ok, let's see if I can explain this so people can understand.

Currently in the upgrades ini there are 4 tyre compounds. The upgrades are more for physics, not textures.
The paintable tyrewall is the only tyre entry that shows a different naming. So you can custom paint a tyre texture. The down side is this texture will only show on your car and worse, It wont show right when the tyre is rotating because rFactor uses 4 textures for each tyre type. 00= standing (This is the one you see on the spinner) 01= Standing (On the track, in the pits) 02 & 03 are blurred to a degree. 03 more then 02 for obvious reasons.
Anyway. To change the texture on the tyre these 4 elements would need to be applied. Which would be as a upgrade but it would only work on the car that has the upgrade set for it. Meaning, To get all the cars showing that texture, all would need that upgrade set. Now this would work if all cars were being used by people in a online server. Would the AI changed still retain the upgrade? No, I doubt it. Reason is they would default back for the AI.

Let's see if I can explain why this happens.
I'll use a visual thing that you can see it happen to. The rims. You know you have a choice of rims right? Well you can choose a set of rims, Assign them and they will stay on the car for you on track. "But" If you choose to use a different car, the rims on the first car will default back to the ones set for that car as default.
To have as a upgrade tyre texture sidewalls the AI would always default back. The only way to set any upgrade as default is to have it as the first upgrade in the upgrades ini. This is how the cars have different Rims, Exhaust and fuel inlets in some cases.

So without going into it any deeper, No you can't change the tyre texture on all cars from one type to another at a wim. It can be done in say the Custom_Series as a default tyre wall, Yes but then your stuck with that texture only on all AI.

You can do all sorts of things to the car your using, But only that car and as long as you use it. As soon as it becomes a AI, all upgrades are default back to original determine be the upgrades ini.

I hope this makes sense.? It is hard to write stuff like this that doesn't just confuse people more.. :unsure::)

Last edited:
I have a custom skin request myself if anyone wants to give it a go? Im a fan of the Dunlop Series and theres a few liveries i really like, and would be awesome if someone could make them as ive tried myself and it didn't turn out very well.

1184841_10152318044199824_563842057_n.png
1980109_621411691280095_328930816_o.jpg
10245380_618162141591624_697691367_n-590x393.jpg
1658667_603164863104778_2114519267_o.jpg
20140227_155329__65O6208.jpg

Cameron Waters' FPR Falcon and Fredrik Lestrups Pacific Hoists Commodore

https://www.facebook.com/FredrikLestrupRacing

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cameron-Waters/106024092818860

A lot of Pictures of these cars in links above.

If someone wants to give it a crack it would be awesome! Cheers

Hi ORSM & Talented Skinners,

I know that ORSM had plans on releasing some Official addon seasons for the 2004, 2005 & 2006 Seasons for V8FU some time ago and i also understand how busy the team is and dont want to tread on any toes.

So firstly i am asking ORSM for permission make an UNOFFICIAL 2004 & 2005 skin pack/add on seasons for V8 Factor Unleashed.

If I receive the OK from ORSM to make these UNOFFICIAL Add on Seasons, Then I am Asking all the Talented Skinners in these Forums for some help to make these skins as i have no talent when it comes to painting a skin and would like it to be as good a quality as possible, I see some awesome skinners on here just wondering if anyone is willing to help me with this project? I can compile the skins and edit all the files to make an add on series, The skins would be for the VY Commodore & BA Falcon for 2004 and VY, VZ Commodore and BA Falcon for 2005 Currently Featured in the Community Content part of V8FU..

Thankyou in Advance if anyone is keen to help me out.

P.S I am Aware that there was VX Commodores and AU Falcons Competing in these Years but would rather see those Liveries on VY & BA body Shapes than not at all.

sorry for asking this, and i didnt want to start a thread to ask as it seems like is common knowledge with all the skins floating around .... but i have Google'd, i have reinstalled the mod and trolled this forum... where can a grab the latest templates from for the latest version of this mod. getting frustrated trying to find them. thanks.

We didn't really push this season because people are always more interested in the new and now. Not so match the old and has been.

I have 03, 04 and 06. No 05 for some reason. None are finished. Like I said, The interest just wasn't there another to finish them.

Thanks for the reply Doug i would really like to add these seasons to my collection being able to race every season from 03 to present would be awesome! is it possible to get what you have? it would be a great start to the add on, Each skin that is included will be credited to it Creator in a ingame and in a Read me file..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back