DiRT Rally 2.0 Skin problem

Hello
i have a big problem with dirt 2.0 ...
initially it was installed on my hard drive C then I put it on my drive D which had more storage space.

since I moved it I can't play with custom skins anymore ... and I can't find out why! (file -> dirt2.0-> steamapps-> common-> cars)
could someone help me? I was far from being a computer pro ^^
thank you

photo voir

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (1).png
    Capture d’écran (1).png
    513.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
You don't have anything else there though.
You must put those folders and files where the game is installed for it to work, so if you want to move the whole game to your D-HardDrive, you must do that in Steam, and have Steam look for games in different folders.

1619526947850.png

EDIT: Also, please remember to (google?)-translate your posts before posting, English only :)

Last edited:
thank you for the answer.
everything is put (in my eyes) on disk D ....
I'm not a computer expert sorry

JWB 96-13 if i lookong your screenshot, i don't have all folders nefs in folder cars
It's a problem ?

I uninstalled it then reinstalled it on D
the basic installation was done with the CD-ROMs of the game .... then reinstalled on D with steam backup
I believe the steam backup is only for game saves ( game progress ) through the cloud. If you uninstalled and reinstalled the game through CD-ROM you only have the base game again. You will need to reinstall the mod (skins) like you did the first time.

Tips: You can move game install locations, like from C to D, in the steam client by right clicking game and going to properties, then local files. I don't know if this would also move mods but you can place those files in a new folder on desktop so when new install is done you can copy and paste into new D game location. It might move all files but I have never tried to move a game with mods so I can't confirm that.

I don't think they are on the CD-ROM hence my question ...

i have no mods since i reinstalled dirt 2.0 on my hard drive D through a steam backup ....
I manage to download skins via RD but when I import them into the cars file I do not have the livery at the start of a time trial for example whereas from the service park we see the livery on the car

it doesn't cost anything to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the CDs ....

I don't understand why I no longer have the possibility to play with the skins taken from racedepartment ....

I have the dirt2.0 / steamapps / common / dirt2.0 / cars files and since I'm not a computer pro I'm struggling .... this story is very complicated :(

i uninstalled the game ... then installed it back to my D drive and now i have another problem .... in D i can't find any game files ...
he got into the steam library ....

I'm beginning to be fed up with it

It's ok ! :)
I uninstalled the game ... and installed with cd rom on my D . I take some skins on rd and it's ok . The livery are on the cars :)
A little problem i don't have driver and co-driver in car ^^
It's not a problem to play ^^

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years