Resource icon

Skins SKIN PACK Addon for GT3 Pack 2.54 Part-2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ace King submitted a new resource:

SKIN PACK Addon for GT3 Pack - S397-GT3-SKIN-PKG

"This is Part-2" You will also need Part-1 if you desire all 5 car makes!
Part 1: McLaren, Mercedes, Radical
Part 2: Bentley, Callaway

More third-party skins added which now brings the grand total to "94".
Improved menu for choice between default skins and third party skins!

Filters added for each car manufacturer so you will now be able to select either the third-party skins or the default skins and both if so desired to be included in your races!

Unzip and then place the rfcmp files into your rFactor2/Packages directory then go in game to install them. Be...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Thank you for the skinpack! Great efforts you put in here!

Just one thing: All the region maps don't work. You need to update the VEH files too, by adding an additional line that tells the game to use the new material system via the json.
So for instance this:
Code:
DefaultLivery="MCL650S-GT3_03A.dds"
Needs to be changed to this:
Code:
MaterialOverride="MCL650S-GT3_03A.json"

Of course you should do that for all vehicles, and also include a default JSON and region at least. But I know that this would be a big job, so I would understand if you don't wanna do that. Still without that additional work this skinpack is not really complete :(

This great.Where can I find skins like these for the endurance pack?
In the future i plan to release a Endurance Pack similar to my GT3 Pack. I just hope more painters begin to make use of the new shader system when they do their custom paints and include all necessary files so i can include them.

Thank you for the skinpack! Great efforts you put in here!

Just one thing: All the region maps don't work. You need to update the VEH files too, by adding an additional line that tells the game to use the new material system via the json.
So for instance this:
Code:
Needs to be changed to this:
Code:
MaterialOverride="MCL650S-GT3_03A.json"

Of course you should do that for all vehicles, and also include a default JSON and region at least. But I know that this would be a big job, so I would understand if you don't wanna do that. Still without that additional work this skinpack is not really complete :(
Only one McLaren #03A and two Mercs #75, #84 in 2.52 Part-1 were painted using the new shaders also no car skins in 2.51 Part-2 were painted using the new shaders thus won't benefit. If and when painters redo their skins using the new shaders it will then generate a JSON and Region file which they will then be able to include with their skins. I can then include their new painted skins in my next Skin Pack update. :)

Last edited:
Makes sense! Thank you ;)
I forgot to mention that both the Mercedes #75 and #84 had some type of material errors during loading so i needed to remove the MaterialOverride="MercSLSGT3_75.json" and MaterialOverride="MercSLSGT3_84.json" edits from their VEH which allowed these skins to then load properly thus allowing you to atleast enjoy using them but unfortunetly without their updated shaders.

Last edited:
Ace King updated SKIN PACK Addon for GT3 Pack with a new update entry:

Skin Pkg 2.53 Part-2

This update fix was necessary because of Studio-397's recent update!
Car selection now provides Team and Driver names for your convience.
A work around fix was implimented for older skins that were not painted using the new material/shader system so they will be able to display a glossy finsh

Opponent Filers added:
GT3_Bentley_Continental_Pack
GT3_Callaway_Corvette_Pack

Read the rest of this update entry...

The Callaway AI uses custom skins as normal for me, do they work for you as well or for any body else. The only car custom skin works correctly for.
I haven't update the Callaway skins yet so they don't have the json ini but yes, they do work with AI as they are. Only car that does.
I wonder whether S397 realize that there's something different in the format that allows this car to work when all the others don't?

Ace King, I'll like your help with something please.
Can't PM you here, prefer a forum were I can share pictures. You can't do that hare either.
Are you at S397 forum at all? Would be easier to show you than try to explain in words.
Cheers.

Ace King, I'll like your help with something please.
Can't PM you here, prefer a forum were I can share pictures. You can't do that hare either.
Are you at S397 forum at all? Would be easier to show you than try to explain in words.
Cheers.
I occassionally visit S397 forums so give me a post link and i'll try to help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%