Sketchup Object/Xpack requests????

Seeing as most other BTB things seem to have a "requests" thread I thought it only fair that we start a "SKETCHUP OBJECTS REQUEST"

List things you would like to see made and Xpacked for use in BTB -hopefully some of the very skilled Sketchup users will take on the challenge of making the requests....

Kiwidemon

We could do with things like race control towers, varying from very advanced (similar to air traffic control towers) to simple, like a raised platform with a simple roof. Marshal posts would also be useful. Things like that.

I was kiddin' really about the Eiffel :) I like Sketchup enough, if you attach some photos of buildings etc., I could try to make them (if I have some free time, I'm quite busy lately). I guess the most wanted are low poly objects?

Attachments

• church1.jpg
    church1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 311
  • church2.jpg
    church2.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 303
  • church3.jpg
    church3.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 298
That's quite easy to do actually^^ , you could make each part a separate object and create a complex object in Xpacker to join them all into one. What would be fun is to try it with a brick wall :D But make it those big cement bricks, not little ones.

would anyone like to have a crack at this?
would be hugely appreciated if you could. anything other than models i can help with (not sure what that could be! gps? photoshop? textures) hit me up!

IMG_3933.JPG

and this is the other one id love to get my hands on!

494301821_79fb5e171a.jpg

IMG_3934.JPG

Managed an easy brick, and I piled them up into a wall on a test track in BTB. I set the bricks to Collideable and Moveable. I can drive into them in rFactor and the wall falls down brick by brick (can't think of another way of saying it). However, what used to be 50FPS (on my terrible PC) became about 8-9. Then the framerate stabilised once the wall had finished collapsing. The texture for the bricks is the default white from Google SketchUp. Any ideas?

no idea if i can help, but x-packer defines 2 diffrent kinds of movable (sign and cone) are there other options that govern the objects collide behaviour that you could edit?

i accidentally made a pile of haybales moveable with 'cone' option, man, that was hillarious. kind of wish i made a video of it! was like a super energetic chain reaction of exploding, spinning, leaping (100m) haybales ...! lol

cheers
ed

anything other than models i can help with (not sure what that could be! gps? photoshop? textures) hit me up!
Textures and dimensions. I had a go at making the first one, but I only roughly set the proportions, and I only guessed as to how many arches there are. 10 or 12?
model.jpg

The required dimensions are as shown here:
dims.jpg

How close are the objects to the track? If they're only really in the background we can take a few liberties, but if they are quite close then some detail may be needed.

hmmm, dimensions eh!?

12 arches, id say 7m overall dia, perhaps 5m high (h1) and 3m to the eve (h2). arch height ballpark 2.5m (h3) and w1 around 1.0-1.2m. w2 would be a guess??

ill make up some textures today :)

this object is close to the track, but is off to the side as you approach a difficult corner apex, so you wont be looking 'at' it

cheeers
ed

Attachments

• Basic tower or marshall stand.jpg
    Basic tower or marshall stand.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 309
  • CTC garage.jpg
    CTC garage.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Marshall tower.jpg
    Marshall tower.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 331
  • Old school fuel tank.jpg
    Old school fuel tank.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Rusty water tower.jpg
    Rusty water tower.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Shed_001.jpg
    Shed_001.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Bridge_001.jpg
    Bridge_001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 306
  • Hauler_001.jpg
    Hauler_001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 296
  • Older care center.jpg
    Older care center.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Bleachers_001.jpg
    Bleachers_001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 284
Could someone make a temporary wall and fence SObject? I'm making a street circuit and don't want to use walls for the barriers, because it would be easier to use SObjects (Don't have to cap every wall or copy/paste cross sections all the time).

If someone wants to try it, I'd like it to be similar to the ones used at Australian street circuits, I don't know the dimensions and can't find any with Google, so other rFactor tracks could be used as a guide. It would be great if the vertical poles in the debris fencing were 3D, as well.

Anyone want to help me?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 283 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing