Site with Downloads. Is it dangerous?

Is it possible to download without paying? The Google translation seems to imply that you have to pay, but I don't know how good Google does with translating Polish.

The readme files for my cars (which are on that site) specify that they may not be uploaded to sites where you have to pay or register in order to download. If that's the case here, then the owner is obviously going to get an email...

Edit: hmm, is this like Rapidshare used to be where you got money for downloads? (albeit very little money)

Poorwich (http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/members/poorwich.10698/) hasn't been around in a while it seems, but if you PM he may come on and remove your content.

Other wise I got this from the website. From google translate:
What to do when someone violates my copyright?
In the lower right hand corner of each hamster has a red stamp signed Report Abuse Regulations. After clicking on the contact form appears, which can be used to convey information about the breach. Describe what exactly is the file and where exactly is it located (at the bottom of each folder has its address in the form: http://chomikuj.pl/chomik/folder - it is best to copy it).
Upon receipt and confirmation of the credibility of the message, usually within several hours, access to the specified file will be prevented by the administration of the portal, and the user who put it on your account will receive a severe reprimand.
Provide full details of the applicant as well as a broad description of violated rights and file origin will help us to quickly take appropriate measures - in accordance with the law, we can lock the files only in response to a credible report.

Here's the link to the contact form: http://chomikuj.pl/AbuseChoose.aspx?id=poorwich

If you need to be a member I'm happy to do it on your behalf, just send me a PM :)

Hum i don't realy think poowich wanted that,
I mean it's the server who want the money, you see what i mean?
Same for speedyshare, it seems that some files can be only downloaded by "premieum users", who buy a pass :/
EDIT :
I mean it's not the uploader who gets money from this but the site..:(

I'm from Poland, I can translate something if you want it :p For me chomikuj.pl is very useful, because it's my virtual hard drive, I can upload here my private converts, important files from school etc. so for me it's ok :)

But if i'm registred, i won't have to pay, right? lol
skydrive rulez :D lol

Yes you won't, but there is limit of course, 50mb per week can be downloaded :p After a week another 50mb will be added to your account, and it happens every week. It's a good site because links are always be "alive" if you won't delete account. But I prefer skydrive or 4shared to be honest.

Hmmm, I recognise the mesh. This is one of Squir's models.

He usually charges about 75 euro for one of these. This is the direct mesh from his product from what I can tell, oodles of polygons there haha. As soon as you get one or two of those cars on track it's a bit slow.

It's good for non-realtime render work and is a pretty accurate model, but needs a lot of re-working for real-time use imo.

It's 'ok' for a render-model conversion, but that is about it... why can't people put some real effort into Racer content as it is capable of so much more :D

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back