Site Updates June 2012

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We have made some changes during the last couple of days on the RD website and forums
  • For mobile users Xose Estrada added a splendid new style for the frontpage. You can also see it in action from your PC browser by clicking here and revert back to the normal desktop style by clicking here
  • Eric Kaczmarek optimized our server during the last couple of days with a huge performance increase as a result. The beast is almost up to speed now.
  • Licensed members have a new steering wheel tag in their message user info area.
  • If you provided a gamertag on your personal details page it will now show in the message user info area with a nice new graphic.
  • Premium membershave received a lot of updates as well to show our appreciation to those that support RaceDepartment financially. Most noticeable:
    • Nifty RD Blue Username
    • Option to show a Twitter-account in the message user info area in each forum post made.
    • Custom user titles activated. Add you own text directly under your username.
    • Better avatar quality
    • Faster loading speeds due to ad free browsing on the forum.
    • A bunch of more features and some more cool stuff coming shortly. Stay tuned!
  • Improved comment system on the frontpage
Still coming:
  • The new downloads database for game mods and much more (no eta yet)
  • Massive forum software upgrade (no eta yet, features announcement soon´ish)
  • Return of the rankings and the statistics for almost all our supported games. See the (old) announcement here.
Got bugs with the above features or just want to give some feedback, please post it below and we will try to fix it where possible.

Bring on July as its going to be an awesome summer (or winter, depending on where you live :))

I was just cruising through to see if there was any news on the download section making a return & noticed there a 'no eta yet' on that one....
With all the file hosting sites out there being either shut down or soldoff & made as difficult as possible to use (especially for those downloading) Im wondering if anyone at RD can suggest somewhere that can handle large Xpacks for us modders please?
Thanks again to all you selfless hard workers at RD central, we really do appreciate your efforts!

I was just cruising through to see if there was any news on the download section making a return & noticed there a 'no eta yet' on that one....
With all the file hosting sites out there being either shut down or soldoff & made as difficult as possible to use (especially for those downloading) Im wondering if anyone at RD can suggest somewhere that can handle large Xpacks for us modders please?
Thanks again to all you selfless hard workers at RD central, we really do appreciate your efforts!

www.mediafire.com is pretty neat for mods.

Since Saturday i am having big problems to get on the forum. I always get a internal server error. After maybe 20 tries and 10 min later i finally get on the forum or section. The weird thing is if i just join as guest on the forum it just loads fine. Also the fp also just loads fine even when i am logged in. Its just the forum. Happens with Firefox and Chrome and deleted all my cookies already and reset the router but it didnt fix it.

This is the error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at www.racedepartment.com Port 80

Since Saturday i am having big problems to get on the forum. I always get a internal server error. After maybe 20 tries and 10 min later i finally get on the forum or section. The weird thing is if i just join as guest on the forum it just loads fine. Also the fp also just loads fine even when i am logged in. Its just the forum. Happens with Firefox and Chrome and deleted all my cookies already and reset the router but it didnt fix it.

This is the error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at www.racedepartment.com Port 80

Gamershell.com still has a big Richard Burns Rally file of mine available, still working after all those years. Btw, this link/download can be put in the new database for racedepartment if I am correct. For me it's ok:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_9680.shtml

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years