Something is up with download speeds recently - since last week or so download speeds have slowed to an absolute crawl (>500kb/s) - the website in general is slow to navigate between pages too. I've on occasion received '502 Bad Gateway' messages when a page tries to load.

My ISP isn't throttling the connection (Virgin Media, am in the UK) and the experience is largely the same through a VPN.

Can this be addressed please as its borderline unusable?

getting super slow speeds here in au as well, avg 20kb/s. the site loads like i'm on dial up as well. with or without vpn. is it possible to add mirrors for download links?

Me too, the site have been so sluggish from sometimes now, and I am talking speed same as back in the days when we used landline for internet (10-20kb/s), and it affects everything not just downloading, gosh last time I wanted to change my email address, it toke forever, I thought I would not been able too, it’s just so frustrating, seriously hope also that RD team will consider providing Mega, Mediafire, Zippyshare,…alternate links, will solve everything I am sure

Last edited:
Me too, the site have been so sluggish from sometimes now, and I am talking speed same as back in the days when we used landline for internet (10-20kb/s), and it affects everything not just downloading, gosh last time I wanted to change my email address, it toke forever, I thought I would not been able too, it’s just so frustrating, seriously hope also that RD team will consider providing Mega, Mediafire, Zippyshare,…alternate links, will solve everything I am sure
Just a feedback about my connections problem,
I guess RD team have heard me and fixed the problem, because it's back at a "normal" speed, and it's just fantastic. I can enjoy RD like before !
So Big Thanks to RD team to have solved my problem !

Just a quick general piece of advice for those suffering slow speeds, or intermittent site availability

Change your computer's DNS settings to use something else like:the following.

Cloudflare: IPv4 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1 - IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 or 2606:4700:4700::1001.
Level 3: IPv4 4.2.2.2 or 4.2.2.1
Google: IPv4 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 - IPv6 2001:4860:4860::8888 or 2001:4860:4860::8844

Using one of these will bypass your router's "forwarding DNS" service, which forwards the DNS request onto your ISP's DNS server. Basically your computer will be speaking to the Boss Man and not the lacky. DNS failure, or just piss poor configuration, at ISPs is IME the most common reason why the internet goes slow, or down.

Of course YMMV.

Last edited:
i am having same issue here in turkey. cant go up from 200 kb. but my mobile can go 4mb/s ? what can i do to fix this ?
Well, your two devices between them are clearly saying that RD is able to reach your country at much higher speeds than you're getting on your PC. The answer (as is mainly the case above) is to complain to your ISP, as there is nothing we can do.
Change your computer's DNS settings to use something else like:the following.
Changing to a better DNS server will only help if you are getting delays before downloads actually start - in the phase where the machine is resolving hostnames to addresses. Once a download starts, the DNS settings make zero difference. If you remain sceptical you may be able to prove it to yourself with some tests ;)
(I'm not dissing the idea of switching DNS servers btw - I've done it myself many times in the past when the ISP's own servers were letting me down. Right at the moment though I'm on the defaults.)

Changing to a better DNS server will only help if you are getting delays before downloads actually start - in the phase where the machine is resolving hostnames to addresses. Once a download starts, the DNS settings make zero difference. If you remain sceptical you may be able to prove it to yourself with some tests ;)
(I'm not dissing the idea of switching DNS servers btw - I've done it myself many times in the past when the ISP's own servers were letting me down. Right at the moment though I'm on the defaults.)

Theoretically you're correct - once the connection is established there should be no more need of any DNS queries, but I've had a couple of situations with both Steam and Apple where there's been some kind of issue with downloads going at snail's pace. Switching out my DNS solved the problem. To be certain I swapped back to my default DNS setting, and the problem reappeared. Go figure.

In my job I've set up all manner of servers, but DNS servers I leave to the people dressed in gothic black with beards who chant the lyrics of Sisters of Mercy's This Corrosion at the box in question. It's bloody voodoo I'll tell you. And it's just a telephone book for god's sakes.

had a couple of situations with both Steam and Apple where there's been some kind of issue with downloads going at snail's pace. Switching out my DNS solved the problem.
Well certainly Steam (and maybe Apple?) downloads can completely hammer any broadband link cos they are (rather abusively) willing to open many parallel connections to get the data as quickly as possible, happily shafting anyone else unlucky enough to be sharing that pipe. I can readily believe that DNS issues could play havoc with the process of opening new connections along the way. For RD though, it's a simple one-off download TCP connection and you get the whole file with that one connection. Once it's established it's game over for the DNS.
In my job I've set up all manner of servers, but DNS servers I leave to the people dressed in gothic black with beards who chant the lyrics of Sisters of Mercy's This Corrosion at the box in question. It's bloody voodoo I'll tell you. And it's just a telephone book for god's sakes.
Oh god yes, there is a lot of arcane knowledge tied up in getting some of that stuff right. And equally there's a good and not unrelated reason why so goddamn many exploits over the last few decades have involved DNS...

Well, your two devices between them are clearly saying that RD is able to reach your country at much higher speeds than you're getting on your PC. The answer (as is mainly the case above) is to complain to your ISP, as there is nothing we can do.

Yeah Ive consistently had site and download issues this is my first post only because its taking 4-10 hours to download SOL 2.1.3 wth...Oh but its my ISP riiiiiiiiiight...its on the Euro server side something is up with traffic not here in the US that's for sure

Yeah Ive consistently had site and download issues this is my first post only because its taking 4-10 hours to download SOL 2.1.3 wth...Oh but its my ISP riiiiiiiiiight...its on the Euro server side something is up with traffic not here in the US that's for sure
LOL. OK, despite your sarcasm, let me attempt to help you. If you search for "CenturyLink" on our site you'll see that other users have had issues with them.
Yes, it truly is your ISP, but you don't have to believe that if you don't want to. If you try using your phone data instead (assuming that's not via them too!), you might prove to yourself that when you aren't on the CL link, things are quicker.

30kb/s wtf?

Not an hour ago I was downloading at like 3mB/s no problem, now I can barely navigate the site.

Edit:
Ran fast.com and I'm downloading and uploading both at 30Mb/s. It's only this site that seems to be throttling download speed.

Last edited:
30kb/s wtf?

Not an hour ago I was downloading at like 3mB/s no problem, now I can barely navigate the site.

Edit:
Ran fast.com and I'm downloading and uploading both at 30Mb/s. It's only this site that seems to be throttling download speed.
Nope, we are not throttling download speed. Also, I just did a test download and it's going at my full wire speed (~75 Mb/s for me).
Sounds like there's something wrong with the connectivity between your ISP and ours. Please report it to your ISP and see what they say.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%