Hello
Since you updated the site the download speeds have dropped dramatically.
I have 200mb fiber and only on this site the speed has dropped.
Why? Can the problem be solved?

Sorry but there has been some confusion - we aren't in fact currently aware of any technical issues on our side.

The advice I usually give to people experiencing consistent speed issues with our site is to consult their ISP and see if they can explain it - just provide the URL for the website and they ought to be able to say if they can identify the issue.
Network routing is a complex and sometimes-delicate thing, which from a normal user's point of view can result in most websites working fine and one or two suddenly being very slow, because of a problem with a specific network link somewhere in between.

I have got the same problem OP has. RD is the only site I am having problems with at the moment.
Please contact your ISP. We've seen occasional problems being reported by Deutsche Telekom users for some time now, but the vast majority of our users seem unaffected. I suspect there may be an intermittent routing problem between them and our ISP...

PS: all of these reports are useful and appreciated - it's just pretty rare that we can directly do anything about them, when the problem isn't within our own systems

Last edited:
I had a couple of guys getting repeated discos from rF2 server last night. One of them was reporting as slow connection to TeamSpeak which was making people's voices distorted as well. One of the guys reported that both RD rF2 servers that are currently up were repeatedly disconnecting, but all other rF2 servers were fine. Several other guys also had the slow TS connection.

Last edited:
@Andrew has heard through Deutsche Telekom that a problem has been identified and fixed (not clear that it was their own hardware though). With any luck, this means that the DT users are having no further problems.

The advice to anyone still experiencing problems (DT customers or not) remains the same though: for sure please report it here but do ask your ISP for help as well :thumbsup:

Should I really call the Deutsche Telekom hotline and tell them I struggle to load racedepartment.com? I doubt the guys there are able to help me out. BTW - It´s still not fixed yet.

Last edited:
Should I really call the Deutsche Telekom hotline and tell them I struggle to load racedepartment.com? I doubt the guys there are able to help me out. BTW - It´s still not fixed yet.
Well, yes, though personally I'd use whatever kind of web tool they have to report issues, rather than sit holding a phone in a queue.
And I'm puzzled that you are still having the issues - there was a big cluster of reports from DT users but they dried up a couple of weeks ago when DT reported to one of our users that a hardware fault had been fixed.

Should I really call the Deutsche Telekom hotline and tell them I struggle to load racedepartment.com?
Yes. If the problem is not on our end then it must be somewhere between us and you. We have no influence over that so you need to contact those that do. It's not unheard of for legitimate sites to accidently end up on some kind of blacklist with an ISP or security software provider which prevents or slows access to them.

We checked last week with our service provider and the problem Deutsche Telekom had was resolved.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%