really sucks trying to download a 5.5GB with this speed
upload_2019-2-23_15-3-11.png

tried using a multithread download manager and it gives me an username/password error

2019... From Uruguay, the same problem. I can download 1.0Mb/s in other sites, but here, 30kb/s with some luck, and the Error to Download... wth??

I'm also getting max d/l speed of 25 kb/s from RaceDepartment. Everything else I d/l is at ~ 6MBps. I have a stable 50 Mbps connection.
Any tips?
Thanks for the report. I think the advice above is still the best way forward though - please notify your ISP that you're having a speed issue with our site and ask them if they can help. They ought to be able to shed some light on the cause. At present, the vast majority of our members appear to be unaffected by this kind of problem and we have no understanding of the cause for those who are affected. Sorry...

I'm no expert m8 , but when I get slow dl issues (from different game launchers like Origin) I have learned to try differnt dns configs ...and usually I get a result ...and when dl has finifshed then I change it back to google dns (9.9.9.9) for normal web browsing....look up some tutorials maybe ....

I'm no expert m8 , but when I get slow dl issues (from different game launchers like Origin) I have learned to try differnt dns configs ...and usually I get a result ...and when dl has finifshed then I change it back to google dns (9.9.9.9) for normal web browsing....look up some tutorials maybe ....
I think you misunderstand how DNS works: it's the way that systems turn names like www.racedepartment.com into numeric internet addresses like 1.2.3.4. DNS either works or it doesn't. If it works, you get the address, you connect and you get whatever speed you get. If it doesn't work you don't even make a connection. Improving your DNS server can only make a difference to whether or not you make a connection; it can't have any influence over the speed of a download.

I think you misunderstand how DNS works: it's the way that systems turn names like www.racedepartment.com into numeric internet addresses like 1.2.3.4. DNS either works or it doesn't. If it works, you get the address, you connect and you get whatever speed you get. If it doesn't work you don't even make a connection. Improving your DNS server can only make a difference to whether or not you make a connection; it can't have any influence over the speed of a download.

Wrong.

Hmm. Not sure if you're trolling, or you genuinely don't understand. :O_o:
Just in case you're not trolling: once the download starts, the DNS is irrelevant. Furthermore, given that all of our downloads are hosted on our site, the DNS lookup will already be cached anyway, since you will be clicking on the download link from a download page on this site. So you don't even have the marginal effect of a few tens of milliseconds of DNS lookup to worry about - the download request can be made immediately.

Almost impossible to download any file, whats going here? This is since more than 1 week now. :(
I reviewed our logs. I see four attempts to download a file yesterday. The first shows a success code but the byte count is very small; I don't fully understand that one (see below). The second shows an error which looks very much like a client-side timeout/abort. After that first two attempts you posted this message, and shortly after that the logs say that your third and fourth attempts were both 100% successful. So I guess the issue cleared itself, at least temporarily.

Same here, i'm trying to download the sol, but always stops in 50%, 60%.
Again, the logs show success status codes for your downloads, but yet they are incomplete like you say. The best understanding I've got for that right now is that something is hindering the connection (packet loss?) and it ends up failing, even though it should be able to cope with this. Some changes we plan to make soon may make downloads less vulnerable to this happening, but since the root cause isn't entirely clear it's hard to be confident about that.

Having slow download speed too. In my case i'm downloading 2 files, one 124 MB and the other is 242 MB. No issue from ISP as i've tested download speed, and downloading files from other sites.

Having slow download speed too. In my case i'm downloading 2 files, one 124 MB and the other is 242 MB. No issue from ISP as i've tested download speed, and downloading files from other sites.
I would still suggest checking with your ISP if they know of any reason why you should have poor d/l speeds from our site.

• Deleted member 955978

Somethings fishy here, today I got several „bad gateway“ errors, and download speed was down to 20 kB only on this site.
Please look into it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years