Hello, I had been having slow download issues from Race Department for quite a while now. Are there any solution to improve the download speed? Downloading a less than 100MB file shouldnt take over 2 hours.

I even bought Premium thinking that it would resolve this issue but it seemed like the download speed is still extremely slow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Seems to be an individual problem, maybe a local thing.
I am currently refreshing some mods on my computer and everything is normal, like a whole mod in half a minute.

Dont know where your problem is

There's nothing specific that should make them slower for you. Once data leaves our server there's nothing I can do to control it unfortunately. Our server is EU based and data will make a lot of hops to get to you. I wish I could give you a more direct solution but I'm not sure I can atm.

Thanks for your premium purchase and if it's an issue for you that you purchased it expecting to get something that you haven't please drop me a PM and we'll of course sort that out for you.

Hi, just stumbled upon this post in my search for answers too - I'm in Australia, have Fibre to the Home internet and my download speeds from RD are very, very slow and can even drop out or be corrupt when they arrive. Really frustrating trying to download a circuit for an upcoming online race but failing for the seventh time.

Pretty sure it isn't my ISP or home network as Steam will happily download at over 10Mb/s..

+1. Downloading from Brazil and the DL speeds are surprisingly low for the connection I have, all in all. Maybe some alternate download link, maybe giving a torrent option?

One of the problems with torrents are that although not all torrents are illegal and some people do use them for 100% legal reasons, some countries have torrent sites blocked (The UK does so I assume others do too)

Also I just ran a test from the UK connecting to a Brazilian VPN server and downloaded a 119MB file in around 7 Minutes.

Hi, from almost 1 year the navigation and download speed is very low, about 22kB/s!

It's the only site with this problem. have you a bandwidth limiter?

http://www.speedtest.net/it/result/7792642033

Desktop 12-11-2018 09-48-34-843.png

There is a solution?

Thanks

Are you with commcast by any chance?

I can't reproduce it as my download is lightning fast. But then again my internet seems to be a lot faster also after doing the same test.

Maybe @Neilski knows a solution?

Well, one suggestion I can come up with is to ask your ISP - tell them you are a paid subscriber to a website based in NL and you are getting rubbish bandwidth for downloads (and of course provide the URL). They will ideally be able to tell you if they have connectivity issues to this site.

We certainly aren't limiting your bandwidth at our end.

Thanks to all.
It's a strange problem, it's like i have only 25kB/s available to racedepartment. When i download a file from RD the speed is 25kB/s but if i surf the site in the same time, the download speed slow down until 0kB/s.
I'll try to contact my isp..

I'm getting that right now. Trying to download something this is 15 MB should take 10 minutes. I can assure that my internet connection isn't the issue.

I'm getting that right now. Trying to download something this is 15 MB should take 10 minutes. I can assure that my internet connection isn't the issue.
Well, ultimately it's always gonna be a connection issue of some manner, somewhere between your machine and our server. Whose "fault" it is won't always be clear of course.
And being able to download at high speed from some sites doesn't mean all is entirely well with your connection I'm afraid. This has pretty much always been true but the death of net neutrality just amplifies the problem. Some ISPs rejoice in strangling certain kinds of traffic from certain sources...

What you can do is to try a traceroute, which may help us form a picture of which networks are being iffy (we can also then check with our own provider to see if they are having issues with the connectivity to the networks involved). To do this on Windows, you can fire up a cmd box and type "tracert -w 500 racedepartment.com" (the -w 500 bit is optional and stops it waiting for a long time on every router which doesn't want to reply). If any of this is gobbledegook then just ask for help.

It's also well worth doing what I suggested to the OP which is to ask your ISP if they are aware of any reason why you should have speed issues to our server. (For the avoidance of doubt, I'm still seeing full wire speed to our server, which for me is around 70 Mb/s.)

Well, ultimately it's always gonna be a connection issue of some manner, somewhere between your machine and our server. Whose "fault" it is won't always be clear of course.
And being able to download at high speed from some sites doesn't mean all is entirely well with your connection I'm afraid. This has pretty much always been true but the death of net neutrality just amplifies the problem. Some ISPs rejoice in strangling certain kinds of traffic from certain sources...

What you can do is to try a traceroute, which may help us form a picture of which networks are being iffy (we can also then check with our own provider to see if they are having issues with the connectivity to the networks involved). To do this on Windows, you can fire up a cmd box and type "tracert -w 500 racedepartment.com" (the -w 500 bit is optional and stops it waiting for a long time on every router which doesn't want to reply). If any of this is gobbledegook then just ask for help.

It's also well worth doing what I suggested to the OP which is to ask your ISP if they are aware of any reason why you should have speed issues to our server. (For the avoidance of doubt, I'm still seeing full wire speed to our server, which for me is around 70 Mb/s.)

What he says.

I work in Telecoms and we see issues with customers connectivity coming to us over the internet, we can see latency, packet loss etc in our diagnostic tools. In some cases there are 13 hops between them and us.

Detective work needs to be undertaken to determine where the issue may lie.

If the issue was related to RD in anyway, we would have multiple complaints.

View attachment 278349

Neilski
Is exposing IP addresses in a public forum a good idea?
Fair question. It's not a totally wonderful idea to reveal your actual IP number and indeed the last time I asked people to do traceroute-ing I remembered to say "You can upload them here or PM them to me if you prefer." :thumbsup:
Happily though, a traceroute (like above) doesn't include your own address. It will sometimes provide a clue about where you are in the world (country, maybe city), and that would still be a concern for some people I guess.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%