Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

Sir Lewis Hamilton| F1 GOAT?

And arguing that Hamilton drove only good cars is as pointless as arguing Messi or Cristiano only played in top clubs. That's just what the best do.

Well said....

Why isn't Messi's achievements downplayed or recognised until he helps Getafe win the league.

Forget what Ronaldos achieved, it means nothing until he helps Boavista win the champions league.

The stats these guys have accumulated are amazing but wait, stats don't give you recognition, right, lol

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Premium
Well said....

Why isn't Messi's achievements downplayed or recognised until he helps Getafe win the league.

Forget what Ronaldos achieved, it means nothing until he helps Boavista win the champions league.

The stats these guys have accumulated are amazing but wait, stats don't give you recognition, right, lol
Firstly, do you follow football? I can see a lot of talk about pros and cons of Messi'/CR's "greatness".
Secondly, that is same for all athletes in all sports. More success person has, more talked down it gets. Especially if it is for long period of time.
Finally, first two are completely okay because stats are as we all know are like b..... ;) No need to be so hit, if someone doesn't consider your option as best driver ever in this case.

Guess what: my best footballer ever is not playing at the moment, my best F1 driver ever is not driving at the moment, my best tennis player ever is not playing at the moment. Does that mean that I don't consider Messi/Ronaldo/Hamilton one of the best that were in their sports? NO. Does that mean that I consider every next generation of athletes learns on "mistakes" of previous generation and it is expected to be better? YES. And because of that everything is relative. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Firstly, do you follow football? I can see a lot of talk about pros and cons of Messi'/CR's "greatness".
Secondly, that is same for all athletes in all sports. More success person has, more talked down it gets. Especially if it is for long period of time.
Finally, first two are completely okay because stats are as we all know are like b..... ;) No need to be so hit, if someone doesn't consider your option as best driver ever in this case.

Guess what: my best footballer ever is not playing at the moment, my best F1 driver ever is not driving at the moment, my best tennis player ever is not playing at the moment. Does that mean that I don't consider Messi/Ronaldo/Hamilton one of the best that were in their sports? NO. Does that mean that I consider every next generation of athletes learns on "mistakes" of previous generation and it is expected to be better? YES. And because of that everything is relative. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't care who your best footballer, F1 driver, etc is, I don't remember my post being directed at you.

All the negative and disgusting things said about Hamilton reminds me of Muhammad Ali in the 60's and 70's. People didn't go to his fights to see one of the greatest boxers that ever lived, people of America tuned in because they couldn't wait to see someone shut this guys mouth up. He was a loud black man who stood up for black rights and justice and people hated him for it, he was a social activist that people said he had no business doing and they were not interested in. They seriously wanted to see him get hurt. He got more recognition from the public when he was a frail old man than he did while fighting. Maybe Hamiltons recognition will come later in life.

Think we all know there is an undercurrent to some of the hate for Hamilton.

All the nonsense of 'he dresses weird', 'he talksfunny/his accent is fake' etc. are easy jibes to make and anyone with a bit of international fame and a lot of money will have these things said about them.
People take a dislike for sports people for bringing political and societal issues into their chosen field because more often than not, it is something they can't agree with due to inherant bias, feel uncomfortable it being brought up or think it refers to them themselves in some negative way.

I don't rate him much as an F1 Champion - i don't think he's ever had one memorable win that i can look back at and think 'wow'. Whereas someone like Schumacher has plenty - Spain 96, Spa 95 etc.
But i do think he is a decent human being and is using his celebrity for the right reasons - to highlight good causes (imho) and social issues - and not just to line his own pockets.

All the negative and disgusting things said about Hamilton reminds me of Muhammad Ali in the 60's and 70's. People didn't go to his fights to see one of the greatest boxers that ever lived, people of America tuned in because they couldn't wait to see someone shut this guys mouth up. He was a loud black man who stood up for black rights and justice and people hated him for it, he was a social activist that people said he had no business doing and they were not interested in. They seriously wanted to see him get hurt. He got more recognition from the public when he was a frail old man than he did while fighting. Maybe Hamiltons recognition will come later in life.

I hardly ever see "disgusting" things written about hamilton though...and I regularley peruse the cesspit that is farcebook.

I see more complete overreactions from his supporters than I see "disgusting" comments.

Unless of couse merely saying he's not the goat classes as "disgusting"

Think we all know there is an undercurrent to some of the hate for Hamilton.

All the nonsense of 'he dresses weird', 'he talksfunny/his accent is fake' etc. are easy jibes to make and anyone with a bit of international fame and a lot of money will have these things said about them.
People take a dislike for sports people for bringing political and societal issues into their chosen field because more often than not, it is something they can't agree with due to inherant bias, feel uncomfortable it being brought up or think it refers to them themselves in some negative way.

I don't rate him much as an F1 Champion - i don't think he's ever had one memorable win that i can look back at and think 'wow'. Whereas someone like Schumacher has plenty - Spain 96, Spa 95 etc.
But i do think he is a decent human being and is using his celebrity for the right reasons - to highlight good causes (imho) and social issues - and not just to line his own pockets.

Thing is on social media the ones who bring up race etc are 99.9% of the time other blacks or SJWs. No one else even mentions his sodding skin colour. I'm a firm believeer in "we're all the same"....yet the ones with the largest "them and us" attiude nowadays are not who you think.

Imagine you had a job where you were putting screws into metalwork using an electric screwdriver. Your screwdriver rotates at 700rpm, your workmate's screwdriver rotates at 1000rpm. You've never been allowed to use your workmate's screwdriver. You always put in fewer screws than your workmate despite the fact you work just as hard. Then imagine how you'd feel if your workmate was constantly being told how wonderful he is because he always puts in the most screws, whilst you constantly get told you're just not as good as him.

That's a great analogy other than two points:
1. Each season there is at least one other workmate with the exact same screwdriver
2. Driving an F1 car at an elite level takes a hell of lot more fitness and skill than operating an electric screwdriver

Well said....

mainly becuase you don't see a MILLION posts about Messi being better than EVERY footballing legend, like Pele, Maradona, Best etc etc etc.....

missed the mod warning, apologies

Last edited:
maybe just maybe hamilton fans would realise that he'd get LESS hate if they dropped this GOAT crap?

BP

Premium
maybe just maybe hamilton fans would realise that he'd get LESS hate if they dropped this GOAT crap?

Shouldn't paint all fans with one brush...Hamilton fan here, but again I wouldn't call him or anyone the GOAT for reasons I explained earlier.

Funny thing though, before Hamilton started racking up more WDC's (and even during) it was not uncommon to hear people calling Schumacher the GOAT of F1, almost as if it was established fact (Heck, IIRC didn't AMS1 have a GOAT achievement by winning 91 races in an F1 machine? :sneaky:)

Also, I'm pretty sure there's nothing Hamilton or his fans could do to incur less hate...people are triggered by any and everything he says and does.

Last edited:
Winning races in a car that was (arguably) second best or even 3rd or 4th best isn't something that no one's ever done before...

Winning races in not the best car happens all the time. On the other championships are pretty much always won by one of the top 2 .

Its true Rossi though has something Lewis does not almost every motogp fan can at least appricate what has done and his number of fans is unquestionably number 1

I agree as I'm a Rossi fan (once he left Honda!)....although more of a Schwantz, Foggy, Sykes, Rae fan. :)

Shouldn't paint all fans with one brush...Hamilton fan here, but again I wouldn't call him or anyone the GOAT for reasons I explained earlier.

Funny thing though, before Hamilton started racking up more WDC's (and even during) it was not uncommon to hear people calling Schumacher the GOAT of F1, almost as if it was established fact (Heck, IIRC didn't AMS1 have a GOAT achievement by winning 91 races in an F1 machine? :sneaky:)

Also, I'm pretty sure there's nothing Hamilton or his fans could do to incur less hate...people are triggered by any and everything he says and does.

I know mate, like I say I primarily mean Farcebook Hamiltons fans. Discussion here is largly better. Yup I never really agreed with Shcumacher being called GOAT (as a Hill fan). Less Social Media back in the day, but on the forums I was on I argued against Shcumacher for pretty much the same reasons as I argue against Hamilton.

Everyones triggered nowadays, social media is a curse on mankind. Although I see it in LOTs of different things and has been happening for ages, social media just makes it worse and faster! Whatever is really popular in culture will be hated by the fans of the rivals. It's at the root of console wars, game rivalries, music, sport.....it's everywhere. Love is a powerful emotion but mankind has an affinity with hatred like no other.

I also dislike those who diss Hamiltion's skill. He's a brilliant driver and defo a legend. Just not the GOAT!!

Last edited: