Sir Chris Hoy to Replace Jorge Lorenzo in ROC's Line-Up

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
ELMS-2015-Sir-CHRIS-HOY-portrait-758x380.jpg

Olympic Gold Medalist and current ELMS LMP3 Champion, Sir Chris Hoy will replace Jorge Lorenzo in the Race of Champions in London this weekend.

Lorenzo, recently crowned this 2015 season MotoGP Champion, has suffered burns to his leg during his championship celebrations in Mallorca.

Sir Hoy has been selected to replace the Spaniard and will race alongside French F1 driver, Romain Grosjean in the "Team All Stars" for the Nations Cup this weekend.

Lorenzo laments his last minute abscence from ROC:

"I really hoped it would heal by now but due to potential complications from sweating inside the overalls, the doctors have forbidden me to do it.

"I know I would have had great fans supporting me in London so I'm sorry to be missing it.

"This is a great event and I hope you all enjoy watching all the action.

"Now I will try as hard as possible to be back at the Race Of Champions next year instead."
Sir Hoy, added:

"I'm really excited to get this late call-up. I don't expect to be as fast as the real professionals but I'll do my very best.

"Of course I'm sorry to hear about Jorge's injury too but this is a wonderful opportunity and I'm really looking forward to it.

"Now I'll try to put on a show for the fans in the stadium in London tomorrow."

Lorenzo's individual competition spot will be filled by the winner of the social media competition "ROC Factor", where the fans votes among a fair selection of amateur drivers those will try to be in ROC to race against a star-stutted field.

Do you like Sir Chris Hoy to replace Jorge Lorenzo? Do you think he has a chance? Drop a comment below and let us know what you feel!

I'm no fan of Jorge so this is fine by me.

*insert hateful comment about injury here*

Now wouldnt it be fun if they replaced him with a proper champion... roll up mr V. Rossi!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back