single race servers

M

Michael Sharpe

• Michael Sharpe

I must say I am struggling to enjoy so much the new 'only 1 race' format that almost all online servers are using since the updates.
Particularly for racers who are less skilled at hotlapping (eg me) or if you join a server towards the end of the qualifying session, you will be destined to start at or near the back, with a top placing near impossible to achieve in a reasonably full server. Also on public servers you will be in a good place to get involved with careless drivers and wreckers on lap1.

Now the main fun before for me was to try and finish around 6th to 8th place in race1, thereby starting at the front in race2, and having a shot at a decent race with the sensible racers who hadn't left the server in race1. Even if you were knocked off early there was still a chance and something to aim for. Now there is little reason to continue racing if something happens to you at the start. Particularly at Monza, if you get pushed across a kerb and get a penalty, you may as well quit cos you ain't gonna see any other cars for the rest of the race. With 2 races it was worth carrying on in case you got 8th and pole for race2.

any thoughts? PS sorry for the essay :)

Yea, I was somewhat surprised that all the RPM servers have been set to single race format (and no practice session), I thought it may have been a problem with Steam or our servers.
Practice session allows more time for others to join in.
Personally, I preferred the original 2 race format, so I would like to see at least a couple set up that way, unless there are other reasons for it.

The only reason to put it on single race this week was to get familiair with the cats on all the tracks. it takes less time to drive all the tracks.
i am sure we put it back on double race format for wtcc, but the cats stay single races but longer race distances (just like irl)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back