Single Player: Race Events explained

People who have rF2 for a while know what a Vmod or Virtual server mod is.
You find those in single player if you click on "Series".

ISI made some Vmods for use! This are the RaceEvents unter Series! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
From what I see with my non-Steam version, Race Events is the new name for vMods. The race events ISI displays in the video seem to be specific to the Steam version as they're not in the non-Steam version and I'm only seeing vMods from multiplayer servers I've joined.

Correct, Race Events are essentially vMods. The non-Steam version does not ship with these Race Events but it is pretty likely they will be available for download soon. There is definitely nothing "special" about them that would tie them to Steam.

@Marcel Offermans , It seems you know more then us mortals. :notworthy:

Just read about the Workshop thingy. Sounds really interesting. :thumbsup:

"Anybody can publish items in the workshop."

So what will happen if someone publishes a converted version of Assetto Corsa's Nords in the workshop?
Who will check the origins of every piece of a mod? Like the 3D mesh, textures, sounds, etc...

Is there a place for paid 3rd part mods in the workshop, like the URD mod?

Anybody who publishes content in the workshop will have to "sign" an agreement that they will not publish anything they don't own. I have no experience what the exact process is if some rights holder approaches Valve to take down certain content, but I'm sure they will then remove it and the agreement no doubt gives them the option to press charges against the publisher. In general I would recommend modders to play it save and not violate any trademarks / copyright. That might mean naming cars and tracks slightly differently. IANAL :)

At the moment there is no support yet for paid mods. Valve had a bad experience in that regard with Skyrim and they are now working with developers on a new paid model. We are following those discussions closely but that this point I cannot make any official statement about that yet.

I bought rfactor2 months ago but hardly play it because of the lack of single player options, like running a full season. Does this 'series' mean we actually can run a serie of races like in a season? I hope so. The physics model is so good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back