Singapore Setup

Christian, thx again very much for the comparison video! Great job. :cool:

Here are two setups by me:

The "a" setup is more or less a new one built from scratch, because my last years setup doesn't fit my driving anymore. I'm down to a 1:29:6xx with it atm, but it feels stable.

The "b" setup is based on the last years setup, which was created by Jere and adjusted by me. Now I adjusted it again to suit my style and I'm down to a 1:29:5xx with it but it feels a little more tricky to drive because of the harder dampers.

Atm I'm not sure wich one is closer to the final version. Have to test a little more, because both setups are the result of ~1 hour of testing. I suggest the "a" setup will be the safer alternative...

Have fun guys :)

Attachments

• Reik-Singapore-F1-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Reik-Singapore-F1-a.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 323
Thanks guys, you make the experience for me (and surely others, I could guess) that more worthwhile with these setups!!

For me, it allows me to compare the differences in the minor detail to gain a better understanding of feel interpreted by the adjustments and to what exactly is going on! Thanks again fellas!!! :cool:

Nice vid Christian, you use After Effects, Vegas or something similar? I personally love After Effects, i'll make something one day! :tongue:

This is Lotus Renault GP Marina Bay set-up guide

1. Engine
Street circuits tend to be less severe on the engine due to the low percentage of the lap spent at full throttle, but the engine can still be under stress as it will be used in a very stop-start fashion. An engine with a smooth delivery is important and this is one of the RS27’s strengths.

2. Brakes The circuit is quite demanding on the brakes with wear rates similar to Melbourne. It is not the severity of the braking - there are not any super hard stops - but rather the regularity that makes it so demanding; the brakes will have little respite. As they run quite hot, we will also be bringing bigger brake ducts.

3. Suspension
Suspension set-up is one of the trickiest things to predict. For any street circuit with a high percentage of low-speed corners mechanical grip is always valuable, and drivers and teams will search for a soft enough suspension to obtain clean exits out of the slow corners; a car that can ride the bumps is valuable .

4. Aerodynamics
After Monaco, Singapore is the second slowest circuit of the season. Maximum downforce is important, in order to offer the car good stability under braking, to push the car into the ground in the corner exits in order to maximise traction, and to ensure good acceleration.

5. Tyres
Grip levels are low at this circuit, but the track is not known to be as dirty as in Monaco. Softer tyres will offer good grip on a green track surface at the beginning of the weekend. As with any temporary circuit, grip levels will ramp up as the track evolves and rubber is laid down. Pirelli are bringing their soft and super soft compounds (these were used in Monaco and Budapest).

6. Gearbox
Closely-spaced gear ratios will be used to optimise acceleration and get the most from the engine at low speeds.

7. Display
For the night race, the brightness of the display will be turned down for the drivers.

Thanks for sharing. My own current "soft springs in the rear" setup version is easy to drive but unfortunately very slow:)

This is one of the first things I learned from my brother when starting with sim racing. He said: "I can make you a stable car, but you won't be quick anymore then."

So especially at Singapor the question is, how much risk you want to take to be quick...

Here are my latest setups. Still tricky but ok (new PB he, he :))

Attachments

• Reik-Singapore-F1-d race.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Reik-Singapore-F1-d.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 590

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back