Simxperience Stage IV vs NLR Traction Plus

Hello everyone, great community here! New member, just got rid of my basic thrustmaster setup and looking to jump into a motion rig. Really looking for yaw so I can feel under/over steer.

What do you guys think about the simxperience stage IV vs NLR GTTRACK + Motion Platform V3 + Traction Plus?

Will be using simucube pro and likely heusinkveld pedals (havent finalized the pedals yet). Will not be using VR (makes me motion sick). Already have a nice computer setup with 2080 and 3 monitors. I know some may recommend the SFX1000, but I don't have the time for the DIY unfortunately, need something ready out of the box. Budget is 12-15k.

I run an Accuforce Pro v2 wheel and the NLR V3 in a GTTrack rig... and I would love to be able to afford the Traction Plus to go with it. The NLR v3 is compact and quiet and thus perfect for a home setting. The Sim Experience Rig is likely to be significantly louder. Also, while support is good from both companies, the learning curve for Sim Experience software (Sim Commander 4) is much higher than the learning curve for NLR software. The real issue as I see it is that nobody else appears to recreate the movement of the Traction Plus as well as NLR.

Upvote 0
Ive had the V3 for 4 days now....Its outstanding in my opinion,but nothing to compare it to that ive tried.

I can never go back to no platform with No VR for racing.

Its very quiet,easy software usage (few issues im struggling with but again im new).

If you havent tried a motion simulator then i would before you buy because you state that VR makes you sick,using the V3 did this to me for 2 days there,had to take a break,but far better now.

I plan on buying the Traction PLUS in the future,but absolute no chance at that price just now,maybe it it hits the 2-3K price then fine.

Upvote 0
I run an Accuforce Pro v2 wheel and the NLR V3 in a GTTrack rig... and I would love to be able to afford the Traction Plus to go with it. The NLR v3 is compact and quiet and thus perfect for a home setting. The Sim Experience Rig is likely to be significantly louder. Also, while support is good from both companies, the learning curve for Sim Experience software (Sim Commander 4) is much higher than the learning curve for NLR software. The real issue as I see it is that nobody else appears to recreate the movement of the Traction Plus as well as NLR.

How is the accuforce holding up on the GTTrack rig? Any wobble?

Upvote 0
I thought I had submitted a reply earlier. Long story short: absolutely no wobble on the GTTrack with a DD wheel mounted. But you will either need to sit in front of a large screen TV mounted on the wall or you will need to buy a tall table that spans the rig in order to place a monitor where you need it... unless you also buy NLR's monitor support. I bought an adjustable height table from a hardware store and it has been wonderful because I can put my phone and coffee on the table without fear of them being jostled by the motion rig.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, great community here! New member, just got rid of my basic thrustmaster setup and looking to jump into a motion rig. Really looking for yaw so I can feel under/over steer.

What do you guys think about the simxperience stage IV vs NLR GTTRACK + Motion Platform V3 + Traction Plus?

Will be using simucube pro and likely heusinkveld pedals (havent finalized the pedals yet). Will not be using VR (makes me motion sick). Already have a nice computer setup with 2080 and 3 monitors. I know some may recommend the SFX1000, but I don't have the time for the DIY unfortunately, need something ready out of the box. Budget is 12-15k.
You have quite a few more options in that price range such as the D-Box if you didn’t want to build anything and then a 80/20 rig like sim-lab which will be a lot more solid than the NLR stuff (I used to have the GT Ultimate rig). Looking at the videos of the GT track the chair has a lot of flex and the wheel mount isn’t completely stable, plus 80/20 is a lot more adjustable.

I’d say most people would get a D-Box if they could afford to although that comes with the caveat that most people also haven’t extensively tried all the options. Personally I had the choice between the NLR V3 and SFX-100 as they are similar cost and for me having 4 actuators like the four wheels of a car just makes more sense, along with the motion not being separate from the wheel/pedals/accessories.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back