SimXperience stage 1 + traction loss

Hi guys, first post.

Im planning out my future rig. I've settled (even if it is somewhat hesitantly) on the SimXperience stage 1 kit. I have heard and been hearing much good about the traction loss kit and how its the bees knees. It could definitely come in handy down the line once my pockets have recovered. Though to get the traction loss kit upgrade I'm gonna have to spend on the stage 2 upgrade which I don't really want at all.
My question for those that know or have used these products is this - Can I somehow get the stage 1 + traction loss kit and jerry rig it together myself?
Has anyone tried this?
SHOT MANNES

Tell me the difference between the Stage I and II and I can answer your question. I can't access the SimXperience website from work right now.

I can tell you that my brother owns a Stage III kit with almost all of the Stage V upgrades except the side rails and panels, so its basically a Stage V. I built it myself so I'm quite familiar with how it all assembles, including the traction loss assemblly.

Upvote 0
Tell me the difference between the Stage I and II and I can answer your question. I can't access the SimXperience website from work right now.

I can tell you that my brother owns a Stage III kit with almost all of the Stage V upgrades except the side rails and panels, so its basically a Stage V. I built it myself so I'm quite familiar with how it all assembles, including the traction loss assemblly.
Thanks for the reply, you are the right man for the question. Stage 1 is the backend with seat base and actuators. Stage 2 is the front end of the rig where the wheel and the rest of the peripherals are mounted. The traction loss connects the front end (pivot point for the traction loss mechanism) and the backend. The 2 halves sit on the traction loss T bar, if I understand it correctly. So stage 1 and 2 with traction loss becomes stage 3 altogether. hope I have explained sufficiently. Its probably possible to fabricate the front end(stage2) myself, even if I use my own design. I just wanna know that its been done or, for some like you who has put it together, if it is possible to diy the stage 2 bit myself from what you've already seen in your experience. Again, thanks for the reply buddy

Upvote 0

Thanks for the reply, you are the right man for the question. Stage 1 is the backend with seat base and actuators. Stage 2 is the front end of the rig where the wheel and the rest of the peripherals are mounted. The traction loss connects the front end (pivot point for the traction loss mechanism) and the backend. The 2 halves sit on the traction loss T bar, if I understand it correctly. So stage 1 and 2 with traction loss becomes stage 3 altogether. hope I have explained sufficiently. Its probably possible to fabricate the front end(stage2) myself, even if I use my own design. I just wanna know that its been done or, for some like you who has put it together, if it is possible to diy the stage 2 bit myself from what you've already seen in your experience. Again, thanks for the reply buddy

Upvote 0
Yes it would be technically possible to fabricate a front assembly to work with the traction loss assembly. You are correct that the traction loss assembly is essentially a T-bar. The front of the T-bar has a large hole in it where a 1" thick brass spacer/bushing sits on top and then the stage II front assembly has a round piece of metal on the bottom of the frame roughly 1 1/2 - 2" long, we'll call it a key in this case, simply rests on the traction loss assembly and the round key goes through the brass bushing into the hole which provides a pivot point for the rear end to swing left and right.

In my opinion, there's nothing special about the front assmbly if you're good at machine work. You can fabricate whatever you want for a front assembly as long as the specs are correct and line up with pivot hole in the front of the traction loss assembly. if you can't get detailed specs on how long your front end assembly needs to be or anything, just let me know and I can take some measurements for you. The stage II front assembly has the mount for the wheel and the base for the pedals, everything else is just a frame to make it look somewhat like the nose of a car.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks so much for that explanation. Don't bother with those measurements just yet, thanks for the offer though. As I said, it is something that I have in mind for the future. All I needed to know was that it could be done. I'm glad you confirmed that there is really nothing special about the front assembly. Didn't look like it was anything special to me either, hence the not wanting to buy it part. I've seen you on these forums quite a bit so you are obviously an active member. When I'm ready ill take you up on your offer.

One other question since you've used it. Is there a need for Simvibe in chassis mode when using the stage 1? I believe you get bumps and road detail. To me that sounds as if the need for chassis mode is somewhat negated. Like for an optimal setup, you'd just need stage 1 + simvibe in extensions mode. Can you shed any light on this? Basically if you'd have to choose between 3 options - stage 1 vs simvibe chassis mode or both working in tandem?
I'm planning for that buttkicker special on their website for 4 x BK + amp. To use that in chassis mode until I can get the stage 1 then change to extensions. I think that should make me a happy chappy. Your opinion here will be appreciated.
Thanks Blkout

Upvote 0
Eckard, I'll have to let you know on Simvibe. Honestly its the one piece of the simulator that we still don't have going yet. We have 4 Buttkicker transducers mounted at the recommended chassis points per instruction and we have a 4 channel amp and 5.1 channel external sound card, we just have to wire it all up. My brother just moved into a new house so we had been waiting for him to move before we finished that last step. He moved into this new house about 2 weeks ago and of course I had to break down the simulator chassis and re-assemble it at his new house which I did last weekend so this is actually my second time assembling it. Since he's using a professional-grade Behringer 304 amp we had to order XLR and SpeakOn connectors which are supposed to be here Tuesday of next week but my brother will be out of town some of that week so it may be next weekend before we get Simvibe going. The plan is to go chassis mode. My opinion would be that based on the definition of how those two modes work, you would use chassis mode if you had a full chassis thus simulating all 4 tires of the car, but if you had a cockpit and didn't have room for all 4 transducers, you would use extension mode and simply place them wherever you wanted some tactile feedback.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing