SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

I can get them both to appear in control panel but only one will work at a time. Does the simVibe software change something that will allow you to use one for sound and the other to drive the bass shakers? I don't want to spend the money buying all the bits if I can't make it work.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It''s OK I've worked it out. I bought simVibe and it sees the card and works.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, need some advice about SimVibe Extensions transducers and placement of them.

Currently I have:

SimXperience Stage IV Motion Sim with a Bride Racing Bucket Seat
Emotiva UPA-700 Amp (7x Channels, 100 watts/channel (4 ohms; all channels driven) or 80 watts/channel (8 ohms; all channels driven)
4x BK LFE SE in Chassis Mode
2x SB Audigy Sound Cards (and onboard sound)
SimVibe

I have 3 channels left on my amp and a second SB Audigy Sound card to add extensions mode on my SimVibe setup. I would like to add transducers to my Bucket Seat, Pedals and Shifter. My question is what would be the best transducers to use for each of the 3 modes (Seat, Pedals and Shifter) and where best to place them? Are 4x Dayton Puck transducers on the Bucket Seat (2x back of seat near kidneys, 2x Right and Left of seat near thighs) or 1x BK LFE SE on the bottom of the seat better? Same question for the pedals and shifter. I'm also worried I might not feel the Dayton Puck transducers through the Bucket Seat plastic, not sure if anyone can confirm this? Cost isn't a factor here, I'm prepared to spend however much it takes to get the best result.

Appreciate anyone's advice
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif

Thanks!

Upvote 0
It depends on what effects you want to add with the extensions.

I haven't had any experience with the dayton pucks, but i believe there are pretty light.

I also have a chassismode + 3 extensions
1x BKG2 at the pedals for RPM / Gearshift
2x BK Mini LFE (1@ the shifter & 1@ the back of the seat) for RPM / Gearshift
1x BK Advance under the seat for impacts only

If you want to achieve simular effects, put the mini LFE at the back of the seat and invest in a bigger transducer for the impacts. See show your rig topic with the pictures where i place them.

Upvote 0
Hi HoiHman,

Thanks for the info!

I'm also a bit worried the Dayton pucks might not have enough of a kick and seeing that you've installed BK Mini LFE in the extensions positions (Shifter, Seat, etc) I will do the same. I'm trying to achieve the same effects you are with your extensions and the BK Mini LFE should be a good match.

How does your BK Mini LFE mounted at the middle/top of your seat feel? I know you're limited to where you can put it because of your GS-4 seat but should I mount mine lower (near kidneys) on my seat as I have the room to put it any where? Will having 2x BK, one below and one on the back of the seat be too much or as they simulate different things it won't be a problem?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
The mini LFE at the back of the seat is awesome. It can drill the fillings out of your teeth :D

The placement is exactly where i wanted it and where it should be (IMHO :))
Because it's higher placed you can really distinguish the rpm/gearshift effects from the chassis effects.

I tried this a couple of months ago with my OMP seat and immediately came to the conclusion that i should have done this years ago.

AoQFomO.jpg

Upvote 0
I need help with sim vibe please, when I go to test the f1 car in setup I can't get my my Mimi butt kickers to vibrate in each corner in chassis mode, there not working at all, when I do select the second sound card there hooked up on they vibrate all at once and sound is coming out of them, sounds terrible.....it's all hooked correct as it was working perfect, could it be a software issue? Any help would be great thanks

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'm trying to help out a friend of mine who has the full motion rig from SimXperience, because he's not that knowledgeable about computers, software, and all the sim equipment. We have it working in iracing, but can't get any of the motion to come on in all other race sims (Assetto Corsa, pCARS2, Automobilista2, etc. Has anyone else had problems getting some of the race sims to work? I've checked everything in SimCommander, and they should work.

Upvote 0
does anyone know if theres a way to lock the seat in place? I know its a motion rig LOL, but not every game supports motion and it seems like a waste turning the seat on everytime just to sit in it

Or am I worried about nothing (just turn it on) - it wont reduce the life span in any way......

Upvote 0
does anyone know if theres a way to lock the seat in place? I know its a motion rig LOL, but not every game supports motion and it seems like a waste turning the seat on everytime just to sit in it

Or am I worried about nothing (just turn it on) - it wont reduce the life span in any way......
Why do you want to turn on your motion-rig if it's not working with the game?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing