SimXperience Motion Sim Series Q+A Thread

Had a massive failure of which I suspect lightning had something to do with it. Lost my PC PSU, 1x soundcard and my T500RS. After replacing the PSU and soundcard I found that the steering does not centre at the same place everytime. I now have to factory reset it every now and then.

Other than that Simvibe is absolutely fabulous! Ordered a bigger amp and should have that soon as well. Terrible thing this SIM RACING addiction.

Upvote 0
Had a massive failure of which I suspect lightning had something to do with it. Lost my PC PSU, 1x soundcard and my T500RS. After replacing the PSU and soundcard I found that the steering does not centre at the same place everytime. I now have to factory reset it every now and then.

Other than that Simvibe is absolutely fabulous! Ordered a bigger amp and should have that soon as well. Terrible thing this SIM RACING addiction.

Hey Bert, not good reading that, hope all turns out for the better for you. Having said that a few nights ago I experienced similar. Lightning-thunder, it was all happening. I did'nt have my sim on but my other comp was...after the storm I went checkin around the house for any possible damage, returned to my comp and it was completley dead. After a few attemps switching on and off, including removing the covers and fiddling inside, all I did was to unplug it and plug back, bingo... it decided to come back on. PSU must have an internal safety or something...anyway Hope it all comes good for you, and good to hear simvibe is a Fav for you...I know I loving it big time.
regards

Upvote 0
vito and SimXperience

In rFactor1 doing driver swaps, my sim commander does not activate the simulator after the first driver swap. Is this a problem that can be solved or impossible.

It is a weird feeling to all of a sudden not have any motion when say doing enduros. The simulator works fine until you enter the pits and the next driver times in. When it is your turn to race the simulator does nothing.

Upvote 0
Merry Christmas fellow SimX's.

Christmas came and went and left me a Buttkicker to install and configure. I now have eight transducers for the wheels and one Buttkicker for the shifter. SimXperience+SimVibe=One hellova combination.

image.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

Have just joined your community and find this forum very informative and interesting. I have a SimX Stage 3 motion cockpit that I have had for a few months and am just getting around to getting it set up and working with the motion. When i figure out how i will post a pic of my current set up. I know very little about computers so things like this are a bit of a struggle ( big actually) for me but I am a pretty fast learner. I have 3 - 42" led/lcd monitors hooked up and had a custom built computer built to insure that i am not limited there. Everything that i have set up so far works great. It is a really nice rig and very well built!!

Here are my first objectives if any of you can share advise it woukd be greatly appreciated.

1) Set up a sepatate monitor for a dashboard and button box for incar adjustments. Can you also change the motion profile on a separate monitor as well?
Should I uas 2 separate monitors for this and should they be touch screen?

2) I would like to install Simvibe. Any advise on this? Vito, it looks like you have got a great set up on your rig.

Thank you in advance for any advise you may have.

Happy New Year everyone

Earl

Upvote 0
Earl
A great step into the world of motion congrats.

As for extra displays, iHUD works on apple devices and as many as you want. It gives you dashboard as well as button boxes and telemetry.
Z1 displays work off apple and Andriod.
Your motion profile can run off a standard display or touch if you have one. Changes can be done on the fly.

Simvibe comes with sim commander and you need three sound card outputs. Onboard and two sound cards. You will also need a 4ohm impedance multi channel amplifiers for chassis and local mode each.
Read through this thread from start as Vito explains it to a Tee.

Upvote 0
Great thread. I've learnt a lot reading it and look forward to future posts. Thank you for this guys. Tysie over at ThewayIplay recently got Simvibe and is using it WITHOUT a motion rig and says it still makes a HUGE difference.

Upvote 0
Hey all, just found this thread and have started researching motion simulators. I see there are some Aussies in here and am wondering if there is an Aussie agent for the SimX simulators. If not, could someone give me an idea of the shipping costs from the States. I am seriously thinking this is the way to go for my GTR Evo and rF1 and rF2. I would probably start with the scn5 2dof starter kit and a universal motion seat frame then build my front end myself.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hey all, just found this thread and have started researching motion simulators. I see there are some Aussies in here and am wondering if there is an Aussie agent for the SimX simulators. If not, could someone give me an idea of the shipping costs from the States. I am seriously thinking this is the way to go for my GTR Evo and rF1 and rF2. I would probably start with the scn5 2dof starter kit and a universal motion seat frame then build my front end myself.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do exactly what you said mate ;) Get the 2dof starter kit and (if you dont want to make your own) the universal seat frame and away you go.
Although I choose the DIY route myself, that was because I found x-simulator forums before I found SimXperience but if I had I would have ordered the same direct. Either way it's a revelation with GTR Evo (my most played racer along with GSC 2012) and I've never looked back.

If you go SimXperience starter kit I think you get SimVibe included...which is another awesome bit of software :)

SimXperience dont have agents anywhere as far as I know so it's all shipped form the US. Just email support with your address/zipcode and they'll give you shipping costs. Just remember to allow for any import taxes your end.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the speedy response, I will look into it further. May even build my own seat frame, just tossing that up at the moment.
I will continue to watch this forum though, it's full of great info.

Upvote 0
I have been reading the posts on the simVibe and I am wondering how you make both sound devices work. I have on board (realtek I think) and SB xFi fatality and can only get one to work at a time. Must point out that I don't have simVibe yet. Running win7 64bit. If you need more info let me know.

Upvote 0
Hey Jimmy

I had the similar problem with my AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 mobo and two SB PCI cards..

When I plugged in the SB cards, Windows would ignore my on-board audio. I tried different drivers, settings etc - but nothing.

Checking the Bios, there was a setting for audio to auto-select the sound card that was set to 'Auto'. I changed that to 'manual' and the problem was solved.

Have a look in your Bios and see if there is something there.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years