SimXperience GS-5 Seat

What harness are most using? 4 point or 5 point?

5 point, one of these

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000NZPK1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I feel that the crotch bit is needed because it keeps things nice and centered by keeping that center lock where it should be rather than being pulled up by the shoulder straps where it shouldn't be.

First few days I was driving without it and it was great, but adding the harness you really become part of the machine, specially in slick shod race machinery.

I think for road cars I won't strap in, but take that F2004 in AC some place, strap in and its pure madness.

Thanks.. I will jump on it

If you need a poor man's solution for where to screw in the shoulder harness, see this. I used the shipping 'bracket', drilled two holes in it and just attached the shoulder straps to that. Worked out pretty well.

Attachments

• 281e5476-36cf-4a05-942e-66b04c9b47a8.jpg
    281e5476-36cf-4a05-942e-66b04c9b47a8.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 348
If you need a poor man's solution for where to screw in the shoulder harness, see this. I used the shipping 'bracket', drilled two holes in it and just attached the shoulder straps to that. Worked out pretty well.
The beauty of the Jegs set is it just bolts into those shipping bracket holes. No need for a bar to wrap around.

The beauty of the Jegs set is it just bolts into those shipping bracket holes. No need for a bar to wrap around.

ha! Yea, I guess that could be done :) my thinking was that I didn't want straps going straight down at that angle but I might try that as well to see if it makes a difference, I'd prefer that as I wouldn't have to dodge that bit sticking out of the wheel when I move around the room.

ha! Yea, I guess that could be done :) my thinking was that I didn't want straps going straight down at that angle but I might try that as well to see if it makes a difference, I'd prefer that as I wouldn't have to dodge that bit sticking out of the wheel when I move around the room.
Great and easy way to attach it...great idea, I like it

Sean Cole's review had a rough view that it is possible, but has anyone mounted one of these to an rseat in a clean presentable way (ideally leaving the seat sliders functional)?

Own an rseat S1 with all the bells and whistles short of motion and considering this as a potential next step.

Thanks!

Mine bolted into the rseat N1 with no problems and seat sliders intact. It sits higher than my old seat, so I had to adjust the wheel, pedals, and monitors some.

That's interesting the Simpit review shows a functional but not terribly pretty way to get it working. We're you able to do it without an additional pieces? Would you be willing to take a picture for me?

Interesting, it looks like they have updated the platform (S1 as well) to include mounting points for bottom mounted seats. My seat only has side mount rails, not the split system of the N1 or revised S1.

I'll message rseat and see if it is possible to buy them.

Interesting, it looks like they have updated the platform (S1 as well) to include mounting points for bottom mounted seats. My seat only has side mount rails, not the split system of the N1 or revised S1.

I'll message rseat and see if it is possible to buy them.
My N1 definitely was designed for bottom mount seats. I did not buy the rseat seat, just the chassis. The chassis did come with pieces to support side mount seats, but I never used those.

Can other owners comment on the noise level of their GS-5?

I would describe mine as "angry dot matrix printer". It is far too loud for use with my surround sound speakers or open-back headphones, without turning them up to uncomfortable levels. It's also not easy to ignore, as opposed to fan noise from a wind simulator.

My in-ear Etymotics (combo earplug and headphones - highly recommended for open offices and airplanes, by the way) block it out fine. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go this far, because they completely block out what's going on around you, but maybe that's just part of the sim racing game :)

Maybe if I disable all the high-frequency effects, the motors will be less busy and less noisy? I'm not that interested in all the road detail bumps that the GS-5 does by default, anyway.

The fan on my control box is silent, so that's good.

Can other owners comment on the noise level of their GS-5?
Maybe if I disable all the high-frequency effects, the motors will be less busy and less noisy? I'm not that interested in all the road detail bumps that the GS-5 does by default, anyway.

That's exactly what I did and the noise level is not bad. I have four ButtKicker mini-LFEs in chassis mode for the high frequency effects mounted on my rig. I only have acceleration, braking, lateral Gs, vertical Gs, and rear traction loss effects on the seat. With this configuration, my 5.1 surround system works well.

If I had it to do all over again the four dayton pucks mounted in the seat might be a great way to go. But I agree routing those inputs to the seat motors is really noisy. You can easily just disable those other effects to see what happens to the noise level.

Second that. Absolutely love mine, and it does give you notice when the back end gets loose, particularly noticable on ovals. Had a numbers of occasions where I only caught the car because of the seat.

Second that. Absolutely love mine, and it does give you notice when the back end gets loose, particularly noticable on ovals. Had a numbers of occasions where I only caught the car because of the seat.

I agree as well - I'm surprised by how much earlier I get the RTL cue from my GS-5 than from my wheel or the on-screen cues. It's definitely noticeable on ovals, but also sometimes on road courses I've learned that the car is actually loose much more often than I ever think it is, just from that cue. It makes me wonder if that lack of feedback is why older games were so much harder to drive...we just didn't have enough knowledge of what the physics were actually doing when transmitted through the much-more-primitive interface devices of the time.

In any case, I'm very happy with my GS-5, though it's taken quite a bit of tuning and trial-and-error to get it to this point.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back