SimXperience GS-5 Seat

Max weight limit on a NLR V3 is 130kg so I'd be well under that with the GS-5 included. Interesting.

Be careful with running a NLMv3 at the weight limit. I had a GS-4 (which weighs about the same) on my NLMv3 and it did not last.

So far we have had only positive feedback on the GS-5, but on the simXperience there's a report of a GS-5 owner who claims that he feels the large forces less on the GS-5 compared to the GS-4. This does make me cautious about upgrading, since my panels provide even more feedback than a standard GS-4.

I have to add that i checked the availability just yesterday and was already doing the math on import taxes and exchange rates. :rolleyes:

The extra padding combined with the used cam mechanism just might be reducing the overall pressure felt from the panels.

The most standout negative for me thus far, is the balance between small movements and large panel movements, right now are not tuned correctly. The new motors are so much better, that now tiny forces are transmitted. Hopefully, this will be a good thing in time, but right now, it feels like someone is popping popcorn on my back and in my pants. Constant pop, pop, pop, little tiny movements that I can't tell what they are trying to tell me. I can only assume they are out of proportion to the intended force, because they are not transmitting any useful information. So far, they are annoying, not helpful. And they are constant.

I turned off road bumps, (I let the D-box do this any way, it's great for high frequency forces) but the popcorn pops just the same. They are out of proportion to the large G-force movements that I want to feel. The constant G's is where the GS-4 shined, and complimented the D-box. So far, the large forces are less than the GS-4.

User claims to have used autotune and off course the software might need some tuning to, but still..... I would probably turn down road bumps to, since the SFX100 does this extremely well. Adding extra bumps would just feel weird.

Interesting how other new users will react to the GS-5. I'm sure they will all be positive because it's a great product, but i'm mostly interested in large movements of the panels in comparison to the GS-4.

Last edited:
Be careful with running a NLMv3 at the weight limit. I had a GS-4 (which weighs about the same) on my NLMv3 and it did not last.

So far we have had only positive feedback on the GS-5, but on the simXperience there's a report of a GS-5 owner who claims that he feels the large forces less on the GS-5 compared to the GS-4. This does make me cautious about upgrading, since my panels provide even more feedback than a standard GS-4.

I have to add that i checked the availability just yesterday and was already doing the math on import taxes and exchange rates. :rolleyes:

The extra padding combined with the used cam mechanism just might be reducing the overall pressure felt from the panels.

User claims to have used autotune and off course the software might need some tuning to, but still..... I would probably turn down road bumps to, since the SFX100 does this extremely well. Adding extra bumps would just feel weird.

Interesting how other new users will react to the GS-5. I'm sure they will all be positive because it's a great product, but i'm mostly interested in large movements of the panels in comparison to the GS-4.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that user is running with road texture effect? When looking at telemetry g-forces are quite nervous and chatty in a car with small spikes. I assume there will be smoothing filters to deal with that. I’m going to pay attention to this when I get mine.

I heard a 220 lbs guy fit easily in the GS-5 seat and he even had room to spare. This makes it sound like the GS-5 seat uses a wide version racing seat rather than a standard one. How are your guys' seats? I'm in pretty good shape and a "wide" seat as opposed to a standard racing seat is the last thing I want if spending $3000 USD...

It's too bad the motors of the GS-5 can't be mounted separately from the seat. 85 lbs for a seat is a bit much. Wasn't the GS-4 like only around 35-45 lbs?

How does it feel with an object pressing into you rather than your body being shoved into the side of the seat and pressing on it like g's would do in real life?

Does it actually feel like g's or does it literally just feel like a mechanical object pressing into you?

I saw a video using inflatable bags to simulate g's rather than swiveling panels. Frex has this system and at 1/3 the cost of the GS-5 - Frex AirG-FORCEV2:$1000 (110,000 Yen) VS SimExperience GS-5: $3000 - I'm wondering what you guys think.

Frex AirG-FORCEV2:
http://frex.xsrv.jp/gpshop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_25&products_id=275

Airbag G-Force Simulation:
(starts at 12:05)
(starts at 3:05):

Last edited:
I am 6'2" 230lb, broad at the shoulders, not really what you would call overweight.

I fit in it fine. When I was trying it I was in VR and felt the cornering to be very convincing. I would get it just for that, alas I dont have the $6k required to get it where I live. It would complement motion wonderfully if the $$ was not an issue.

I also had the feeling of the popcorn. While it did the G very effectively I was not convinced about all the quick little jolts all over the place as it wasn't natural. I assume that can all be taken out with settings.

When i see a video like that i always wonder why would someone invest in high-end motion rig and still use a G27 and TV that is miles away from the rig :unsure: ( hope i'm not offending anyone :rolleyes:)

Motion does look great though :thumbsup:

Backup on topic:

@Magiashkii, how's the travel of the panels of the GS-5 compared to your old GS-4. Is it less because of the cam mechanism?

Also how's the noise level?

I read this quote today:
With the proper auto-tune in simcommander the seat feels better than the gs4... I haven't measured the difference in travel but I think just on feel alone it's close to the same travel. It's ergonomics make it feel so much better then the gs4. The flatness of the gs4 made it an uncomfortable seat. I had a sparco evo2 that felt so much more comfortable then the gs4. The GS5 hit it perfectly out of the park. Better comfort then my Sparco and miles ahead of the gs4. As far as noise I would be glad to post a video if that helps, but it's not noisy at all. I have lost of stuff going on in my rig and with the rift on its great. Between my windsim, hpp petals, prosim shifter, and base shakers dbox (which is almost silent) there are many sounds that my system makes which makes it feel more authentic. Hell race cars are a big noisy mess.

Yes but you don't have your missus watching the TV next close by when you're driving your race car. Thanks for the video again Magiashkii, my GS5 arrived yesterday :)

With the proper auto-tune in simcommander the seat feels better than the gs4... I haven't measured the difference in travel but I think just on feel alone it's close to the same travel. It's ergonomics make it feel so much better then the gs4. The flatness of the gs4 made it an uncomfortable seat. I had a sparco evo2 that felt so much more comfortable then the gs4. The GS5 hit it perfectly out of the park. Better comfort then my Sparco and miles ahead of the gs4. As far as noise I would be glad to post a video if that helps, but it's not noisy at all. I have lost of stuff going on in my rig and with the rift on its great. Between my windsim, hpp petals, prosim shifter, and base shakers dbox (which is almost silent) there are many sounds that my system makes which makes it feel more authentic. Hell race cars are a big noisy mess.

Squeeking noises are not an issue for me, the GS-4 noises never bothered me either.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I read more about people finding the GS-4 uncomfortable, i don't have and never had problems with mine. Could be the mods i applied? I can sit in it for hours without any problems.

From what i read on the Iracing forum, there are quite a few first impressions that are underwelmed. Is it a matter of tuning? Or wrong settings of the autotune function? Is it the cam mechanism?
Is it because the panels are smaller or because there's more padding in the seat?

I remember a couple of years ago when it had lower back problems and put a thick layer of foam in my GS-4 and immediately notice the decrease in the forces felt.

Is for you the ergnomics the main thing why it's so much better than the GS-4? We have a simular rig, with a 4 actuator moving platform and you probably to will use the GS-5 mostly for G-forces and Surge.

I still very very satisfied with my GS-4, but some of my best sim gear upgrades were done when i was already very very happy with what i already had.

Some examples:

CSPv2 => HE-Pros
CSWv2 => AccuForce
NLMv3 => SFX100
Advance => LFE

But.....this upgrade seems to be far more difficult and less obvious. The looks are definately there, but i expected a GS-5 with forces so strong that i have to turn them down to enjoy it fully. Like a DD-wheel.

Is possible to achieve higher surge and G-forces with a good tuned GS-5 compare to a GS-4? ( and perhaps especially compared to mine with the extra padding on the sides.)

Squeeking noises are not an issue for me, the GS-4 noises never bothered me either.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I read more about people finding the GS-4 uncomfortable, i don't have and never had problems with mine. Could be the mods i applied? I can sit in it for hours without any problems.

From what i read on the Iracing forum, there are quite a few first impressions that are underwelmed. Is it a matter of tuning? Or wrong settings of the autotune function? Is it the cam mechanism?
Is it because the panels are smaller or because there's more padding in the seat?

I remember a couple of years ago when it had lower back problems and put a thick layer of foam in my GS-4 and immediately notice the decrease in the forces felt.

Is for you the ergnomics the main thing why it's so much better than the GS-4? We have a simular rig, with a 4 actuator moving platform and you probably to will use the GS-5 mostly for G-forces and Surge.

I still very very satisfied with my GS-4, but some of my best sim gear upgrades were done when i was already very very happy with what i already had.

Some examples:

CSPv2 => HE-Pros
CSWv2 => AccuForce
NLMv3 => SFX100
Advance => LFE

But.....this upgrade seems to be far more difficult and less obvious. The looks are definately there, but i expected a GS-5 with forces so strong that i have to turn them down to enjoy it fully. Like a DD-wheel.

Is possible to achieve higher surge and G-forces with a good tuned GS-5 compare to a GS-4? ( and perhaps especially compared to mine with the extra padding on the sides.)

I didn't have any additional foam or side supports added to my gs4 panels so maybe that is why yours feels more comfortable. I just have the seat cover on so after some time it's just bothers me.
As far as some Iracing members being underwhelmed by the GS5 it's all on a bad tune. Out of the box without auto tune the seat will feel dead just like the gs4 without an auto tune. As you know from the GS4, once you have an auto tune the seat comes to life. After I Auto-Tuned, I increased the percentage on the siders. As an example when running the 488 in iracing, simcommander would give some effect sliders a value of 25%. To me it needed more kick to feel like I'm in the car (not like I have ever driven a 488 in real life, in my dreams). I just moved the sliders up to 100% to get the feel I liked. That is the beauty of simcommander to make it any way you like it. Ergonomics are much better and feel like I'm sitting in a proper race seat and I can do it now for hours on end.
As far as getting a stronger surge effect over the gs4, i wouldn't say stronger since it's just a pannel pressing against you... And panel travel is very close from the GS4 and gs5, but the GS5 is faster and more precise. I know you have your gs4 extemely modded so you might feel more forces with your current set up. I wish you were closer to me so you could just jump into my rig and try it and I could try yours

Some people say the GS-5 performance is underwhelming while others say it has so much power that you can tune the g-forces to feel like they're going to crush your ribs. Funny how you can get such contrasting statements from different people.

I was under whelmed last night for its first run, this evening with a bit more tuning and actually turning it down a little in a couple of places I'm very happy with it. Road bumps I turned off as I felt D-Box did it better, also the wife thought that effect very noisy. That was with the FR3.5

I wonder if people have different views do to driving different cars, certainly last night with the settings on extreme for the panels I felt it too much for the FR3.5, perhaps in the Skippy I might like extreme.

Based on the 2999 dollar sale price above and most likely a similar shipping price to Aus, I am looking at around $6K AUD all up for a GS-5 once you factor in GST and import duties. It's pretty steep considering that's slightly under what the V3 and SFX build cost me COMBINED.
At that price its a bit 2 steep for me

Some people say the GS-5 performance is underwhelming while others say it has so much power that you can tune the g-forces to feel like they're going to crush your ribs. Funny how you can get such contrasting statements from different people.
That is too funny... The position of the panels and travel would never allow that to happen. It feels good and adds lots of immersion but in no way brutal on you body even at max settings. If you are looking for the seat to leave you brused that you need a rib protector vest like for karting... It simply will not happed

Finally can get a price on shipping. Including all duties (estimated) and GST (10% on total import value, including shipping) us Aussie's are looking at around the $6K AUD mark for a GS5.

Can build 2 SFX-100's for that......

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back