SimXperience G-Belt review

Yeah I've had my fan removed for as long as I can remember, I've had no issues so far. At first I was checking the box for smell, for any build up of heat or anything that seemed like it shouldn't be there and I couldn't notice anything different about it. Except the silence :)

I mean replacing the fan with a super quiet one would be the best option, but I don't think there is a real need for one in the first place so that's just as good to me. Those tests you did make me feel a lot better about it, too. Good info to know when recommending to others who ask about it.

hmm, SC wont work when their website is down.
Crossing my fingers they never go out of business or decide to discontinue items.
Amazon has been horrible with that and created a bunch of e-waste of otherwise fully functional hardware.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-21 115305.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-21 115305.png
    546.5 KB · Views: 56
I mounted mine over the belt tower behind my seat . I think this is the best solution as Barry from SRG said the the belt should pull horizontally on your shoulders rather than vertically . In the first 3-4 days I used 2 inch- 4 points harness then I bought a 3 inch a 6 points harness ( 3 inches)... and the feeling with the 6 points 3 inch is much better .
Ps: so I should firstly tighten my belts then launch SC4? Why Simxperience didn’t mention this ?

View attachment 415165

Hello
what is the length of the 2 horizontal profiles supporting the g-belt ?
Thanks

Makes me wonder then that it might be a systematic thing, which ports to use. Since this is the second time in a couple days I've heard of this happening. My first attempt was fine, had no issues with ports giving varying results.

Hope you're enjoying it now. G-Belt is a GREAT addition to any simrig.

I've attached my profile for anyone that wants to give it a crack. Remove the .txt at the end and import via SimCommander.
Hello
Do you have a New profil ?
Thanks

I was one of the beta testers for the new SimXperience G-Belt system and agree with all of the other testers that this system is amazing. If you are looking for the answer to “should i get one”... It is a MUST buy on your shopping list if you are looking to take your sim racing immersion to the next level.

EmITA1M.jpg

My current setup before adding the G-Belt
8020 rig, 4250i dbox, GS5, Simvibe, windsim, OSW, HE Ultimates, HP Reverb
There are many sim accessories that we all look to for added immersion in sim racing and there are so many great products out there to give you the feeling of being in the actual car. This addition to my rig has been the “wow” moment that makes you smile every time you jump into the seat. I will share just a few points with everyone help you on your quest for more immersion in your sim racing. Installation was very simple when mounted up to the GS5 but will mount to any seat or rig with very little modification.

JJMI4HI.jpg

Software setup was also very easy to get everything fired up. One of the key benefits of the Simcommander software was the cloud tuning option. We have all gone through our endless tuning options in the past on trying to get the “right” feeling. Tweaking each option in software is still there if you want but the cloud tuning with Simcommander is so good that literally you can just plug this in and get racing without messing around… yes the cloud tuning is that good. I played with lots of tuning options during the beta test but always reverted back to the cloud tune profile and realized how much better it felt then my own profile. This active belt system is plug and play! There is also an added level of safety with this system in the way the belts are on a cam so if there was ever a malfunction with the motor, the belts will not keep getting tighter and tighter.

I also experimented with a few different seatbelts and really fell in love with the 5 point 2” belts to achieve the best feel of the system. The anti-submarine belt keeps all of the belts in the proper location when the system is actively pulling on you. They can be found very reasonably and are definitely needed.

dxaYlh4.jpg

Everything I have added to my rig to increase immersion has been incremental. Some may say that a belt system is overkill and just not needed, to put it mildly… WRONG lol. From just pulling out of the pits to the first corner, the G-Belt system completes a huge part of the picture that we all have been missing. The sustained forces under braking and cornering immediately hit you and feels so right. There is a connection to the car that just wasn’t felt before that adds so much immersion. There is an ability to drive a little deeper into the corner since the forces are giving you more cues on what the car is doing. Having 2 motors to pull the belts differently allows the corning feel to really enhance the sensation of throwing around a racecar. The motors used in the system are very fast and effective. At no point during the testing did I ever feel the need for more power.

As with the other testers, I tested the G-Belt without using my other motion systems on a few occasions. I eliminated one system at a time while testing to get the effect of what it would be like for other users with different configurations. I started by turning off systems in the following order Dbox, windsim, GS5, and Simvibe. Using the G-Belt system at each stage of the test yields the same result in that it's one of the most important systems to have. Even little things like bumps, shifting, slides can all be felt with the belt system. The G-Belt adds so much to all sim rigs from static to full motion. It’s a great system that is so well built, it feels like a tank.

NTA3xvr.jpg

After using the G-Belt in all different configurations it made me wonder how I drove without it. It’s such an intuitive and needed force that we all experience everyday in our own cars. The biggest take away is that sustained forces really communicate how and what the car is doing and until this point there hasn’t been a plug and play solution. When I tried test sessions without the G-Belt active, everything felt so different aka dead. Simxperience hit it out of the park with this product. For those on the fence to purchase the system, it’s a must buy. For those that think they really don’t need it, it’s still a must buy if you are looking for immersion. I feel for the price it’s one of the best bang for the dollar in sim racing. Congratulations to the entire SimXperience team on producing an amazing product. I know i’m never taking mine off :)

Has anyone managed to get the G-Belt to work with the somewhat new SimHub tensioner plugin?

Looking to slim down on necessary apps.

The SimXperience software for the G-Belt is pretty advanced and has a lot of effects that you may like. It also has cloud auto ranging by car and track. You might find it is worth having the extra piece of software running.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back