SimXperience Announces the AccuForce Pro Momo Edition

Momo.jpg

SimXperience has announced their partnership with Momo and they will be including genuine Momo wheels in the AccuForce Pro wheel. They claim the genuine wheels "outperformed the knock off products in both our comfort and wear tests."

The three wheels shown above will be options on the AccuForce Pro ME, a special Momo edition of the servo motor driven AccuForce Pro wheel. The AccuForce system does, however, fit a wide variety of Momo wheels, so users can use the wheel of their choice.

SimXperience wants to show that, "the Momo commitment to quality is consistent with the SimXperience AccuForce product line." Momo certainly is a company that is known for quality, and if the AccuForce system is what it looks like it will be, this will be an excellent combination. They anticipate the AccuForce system to be available for around $2000 later this year. Check your rainy day fund, might be about time for an upgrade.

I don't really like the way Bernie runs a business. He doesn't speaks very well about other wheel manufacturers (of course they are not as good, but they are also cheaper too - pay less, get less).
I don't also like that as far as I know, he has his business only in USA, no retailers or branches or whatever in Europe. Not that great to order big and heavy stuff from USA.
The least I like that he always talks about outstanding quality and hard work that is put in his products or something like that. It may very well be, but for example if I want to buy a business class laptop, they know their quality and offer 3, some even 5 years warranty, or like Derek Speare offers lifetime warranty to his new massively expensive sequential shifter. But if I look at Simxperience homepage, choose whatever motion simulator stage you like, be it the cheapest option or a massive $22,5k stage V simulator, it states to have only 1-year limited warranty (probably will be the case with AccuForce too). If I order it to Europe, it is probably like no warranty at all.
Of course I'm interested in buying AccuForce wheel (takes a bit of time to collect such money), but those shortcomings are a bit of a letdown.

Upvote 0
There is a big difference in high-end, mid and low-end products, and prices. You really can't compare those two. Apples and oranges.

When stuff is handcrafted and proven (over years) to be very very reliable you can indeed claim that your products are better than others.

Its no different with this wheel: its not targeted at the starting or part-time sim racer. So if the pricing model is an obstacle there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.

Personally I don't think it makes any difference. You can buy a new G27 every five years á 300 dollar or buy a rock solid wheel for 1200 dollar that last for 20 years.

I am not in the financial position to buy expensive hardware (or any hardware at all :D) so I don't need to make that decision myself :)

Upvote 0
When stuff is handcrafted and proven (over years) to be very very reliable you can indeed claim that your products are better than others.
Well, according to that, then AccuForce can't claim to be better, because it has not been on a market yet. It has not been extensively tested outside the company. My point is that yes it is better, but seller shouldn't go to other manufacturers thread and say that their product isn't that good even more so that others aren't supposed to be the highest end products.

McLaren P1 is definitely a better track car than SLS AMG, but that doesn't mean that McLaren should play down other cars in advertisements or whatever other way. Although that isn't that good example, because in this case McLaren should show such advertisement on Merc's homepage.

Its no different with this wheel: its not targeted at the starting or part-time sim racer. So if the pricing model is an obstacle there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.
You didn't probably read my post well. I didn't indicate anywhere that AccuForce is too expensive for what it is or you can get almost as good wheel twice or more times cheaper. On the contrary, I think it is valued very well especially considering Bodnar wheel price. I just commented basically that if they are so confident in their products, why not give for example 5-year warranty, not the bare minimum required by the law.

Upvote 0
@bumer1M: Berney has stated that they are going to make every effort to provide products to other continents as reasonably as is possible. It sounds like they may not include middle-men though, it'll be direct sale only. The details of how this will work have not been disclosed yet.

Regarding the article on wheel types, I don't see where Berney is mis-representing the information regarding various wheel designs and how they differ. If you want to find fault with such information, you may want to look closely at the claims of the CSW V2 of providing "essentially the same as Direct-drive" performance. It's not the same and I suspect the reviews will show that over time. Berney has even praised Thomas for his marketing prowess and strategy regarding the CSW-V2.

None the less, it's good that Fanatec is improving the CSW and more choices for us is better IMO. I think they will sell a ton of CSW-V2's and that it is a good option for those who can afford and want a better wheel than entry-level.

Upvote 0
@bumer1M: Berney has stated that they are going to make every effort to provide products to other continents as reasonably as is possible. It sounds like they may not include middle-men though, it'll be direct sale only. The details of how this will work have not been disclosed yet.

I know, I'm keeping my eye on in iRacing forum.

Regarding the article on wheel types
I'm not talking about his article.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline