simxperience accuforce wheel

Hi,

Does anyone know something about this servomotordriven wheel?
It's still under development and over at ISR they were superenthusiastic bout it.
Anything from an esitmated price or release date would be awesome
although I doubt it having searched the internet already :unsure:

Just discovered why the tax was so much, simexperience had added two accuforce wheels onto my invoice, requiring me to pay import tax on both...if only the box contained two wheels.

Edit: anyone using the additional mounting bracket as it seems to consist of four identical pieces of metal and I'm struggling to see how they fit together at first glance

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I had to pay the same to get it to the UK.

Not really a surprise as I knew that it was going to attract 20% VAT on both the product and the shipping. Don't forget that buying in the US you would still have to pay sales tax which isn't automatically added to the selling price like we do in Europe.
If you paid £469 import tax for only one wheel you have also been charged too much.

Upvote 0
They are sending me a replacement bracket, according to the FedEx tracking it's going to take a week to arrive so I'm guessing that they must be swimming it to me...

Upvote 0
Does the fan on the accuforce brain box only fire up when it gets hot? I've been using it for a few hours and it still hasn't fired up the fan...starting to smell that scaelectrix electricity smell and I'm not sure if it's heat or newness...worrying

Upvote 0
If the fan hasn't fired up in a couple of hours there is definately something wrong.

I left my wheel on today when i went for dinner and when i came back after about 20 minutes the fan was blowing. It makes a lot of noise. You can't miss it.

I would advice you to contact support before using it any further. Now you still have a working AF, but that can change pretty quickly if the fan is not working.

Upvote 0
That's what I was thinking, it's definitely making no noise at all...they say things come in threes, first they filled in my invoice wrong so I got charged almost double for my tax, then discovered the mounting bracket was useless and now looks like my control box is broken, perfect...

Upvote 0
Simxperience said they've swapped the fans on the control boxes for a new one that in some cases won't need to fire up as it only comes on when needed, hopefully my chilly house is keeping it cool enough.

Upvote 0
I tried but, I could only get the game FFB to work. SC4 was not logging any game telemetry for use with SC4 for me. It's possible that I missed a setting somewhere. The game FFB works but, you will want to turn off some canned effects, specifically the engine-vibes and brake lock effects as they cause major synthesizer-like noise.
The sounds the wheel was making last night with those canned effects had me laughing, like it was trying to come up with a dub step riff on a synth, once I got all the annoying canned effects removed I was hugely impressed how much the ffb was improved.

Upvote 0
SimXperience site down? Was just gonna open a support ticket about my button box/paddle shifters disconnecting while in use and the site isn't there...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back