SimXperience AccuForce wheel sneak peek

wheel button box.jpg

Berney Villars of SimXperience released a sneak peek of the new AccuForce direct drive wheel system, which is set to go on the market around the end of this year. The sneak peek included some details on the button box and quick release, both of which will be included with the Pro and Momo packages.

accuforce wheel button box back.jpg

From SimXperience Developers' Blog -

"Button Box Features

-12 long-life buttons

-Raised button modules optimize ergonomics by placing the buttons closer to your fingers than is possible on a traditional flat plate.

-Extremely rigid design (I weigh in over 220lbs and am able to stand on it without causing damage)

-Easily adjusted upper button modules facilitate simple bolt-on of many different steering wheels

-Adjustable machined aluminum shifters with carbon fiber paddles (throw, paddle width and switch engagement point can be adjusted)

-Optional attachment for phone cord style connector (useful if a non-SimXperience quick release is utilized)

-USB port

-Facilitates mounting of optional phone holder or SLI style USB displays.

-DIY and Modder Friendly

quick release.jpg

Quick Release

-Precision machined Aluminum

-6 spring-loaded hard gold pins enable transfer of power, USB and the SimXperience communication protocol through the quick release

-Extremely durable"

The AccuForce prices are set to be under $2,000 (listed below) and SimXperience will give an $89 "loyalty discount" to anyone who has previously purchased SimVibe, a Stage Motion Simulator, or a GS-4 G Seat from SimXperience.

AccuForce Pro MOMO Edition - $1949
AccuForce Pro - $1749
AccuForce DIY - $1449

The AccuForce appears to be a potential game-changer for affordable direct drive wheels. I'll be looking forward to getting my hands on one, and if it turns out as good as they say it will be, this is sure to be a revolutionary sim racing component.

I'm wondering why they went for a regular USB connector and not a screw on connector, really curious. Isn't there the chance that the USB plug gets pulled out of the port at times if you're unlucky?

edit:
Or is the USB plug only for SLI Displays and is routed through the quick release? If so, super awesome ;)

If you are reading this Berney, it would also be great if you could support 2 analogue axis in the protocol for clutch usage! :)

Upvote 0
Can't wait to here your feedback on this wheel, all looks promising. If it as good as they are saying it to be then this will be my next wheel upgrade and probably final wheel upgrade :)

Upvote 0
I think though I will have to wait, even though the price is a lot lower than something like the Leo Bodnar Sim Steering it is still quite a bit. Got PC Upgrades that need doing, its been 2 years since my last upgrade and it needs one...

Upvote 0
I can't wait to bolt this thing down to my rig! I keep hitting refresh on the site but nothing is happening :(.

I wonder what the price on the quick release will be.
"The sneak peek included some details on the button box and quick release, both of which will be included with the Pro and Momo packages. "
Or do you mean for the DIY kit?
Looks very well build, i wonder if i can use my modded G27 pedals somehow with it for a start to keep the costs down.

Upvote 0
"The sneak peek included some details on the button box and quick release, both of which will be included with the Pro and Momo packages. "
Or do you mean for the DIY kit?
Looks very well build, i wonder if i can use my modded G27 pedals somehow with it for a start to keep the costs down.
The DIY kit does not include the quick release or the button box, but SimXperience has stated they intend to make them available individually.

Upvote 0
The DIY kit does not include the quick release or the button box, but SimXperience has stated they intend to make them available individually.
That's what I was asking. Will we be able to order just these kits without the wheel attached. I'm thinking of getting two or three of these depending on cost and sourcing my own rims.

Upvote 0
Luckily, the default pro package wheel seems like a decent allrounder, didn't dare thinking about additional wheels & quick-releases yet.
A wooden Moto-Lita would be a dream for historic racing, but i think telling the lady i plan to spend 1500 Euro for my next "toy" is enough to make me a slave in the bedroom for months :O_o:;).

I'm curious how it's going to be with availability, don't think i have the guts to buy one right away before it's extensively reviewed and tested, and it might be hard to come by once it is.
Expecting demand to be huge.

Steering Wheel and QR.jpg

Upvote 0
Yep. But as I understand it you would have to buy the DIY kit and the quick releases separately.
That is to be expected. Was more me thinking out loud. That looks like a different rim than they had before. this one showed is a mod 30 with AF thrown over the momo badge.

If what's shown is the pro package then that does save me some time getting the mod 30 since that is what it is anyway. Just need pricing on the quick releases. :)

Upvote 0
It reads like they will support 3rd party quick release systems. The Q1R seems to be really good and the rim side costs "only" 70€. Once you have the base side that is really nice.
Unfortunately the HUB for thr CSW costs 250€ even if you wouldnt need buttons.

Really looking forward to some reviews.

Upvote 0
$1449 for a DIY ?? ... WOW just WOW !!!
I mean ... after bying the wheel, the computer, the screen and the game you want to play ... we'll now need to prostitute ourselves to get the best rig ^_^...
So bad, because it looks great !

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%