SimVibe & Assetto Corsa Plugin??

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi,
i just installed the full version of Simvibe.
When i go to add a game i cannot find the pluggin for assetto corsa ?
I have pointed simvibe to my assetto corsa exe.
maybe i am missing something ?
Could somebody point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I haven't got my game PC on to check but you need to point SimVibe to your steam.exe (or steamgame - cant remember) and then in parameters you use the steam ID for the game. If you look in SimVibe settings and check any other game that says Steam you'll see how it works.
Hope this helps a bit :)

AC is missing a lot of data for SimVibe right now but still nice to have

Upvote 0
I got it working through my onboard sound card and im using a sound blaster zx for my speakers.

Once you download the full version of the software
Update it .
you will then have a pluggin for assetto when adding a game to sim commander.

I have to do more playing around with setting tomorrow because it is my first time using simvibe
The effects are not as good as rfactor yet.
The only effects implemented at the minute are gears,
Impact,engine vibration and bumps.
It will be better when we get suspension and ground effects.

Upvote 0
I can't seem to get impact or rumble strips (bumps?) to work. Engine rumble and some road texture is all im feeling. I am new to simvibe. Anyone have any ideas??

Upvote 0
The impact wouldn't be great at the minute and there is no kurbs until we get the suspension effects.

Assetto is not outputting all the data simvibe needs at the minute,
hopefully it will be in v1.0 of the game.

Upvote 0
All the effects work in SimCommander 4. I think that it is the last stages of beta at the moment awaiting accuforce integration and testing, and should be available later this year.

That still remains a question mark, see this post from Berney Villers in the Iracing Forum:

Berney Villers]@ Adrian - We will only be able to include limited support for Assetto Corsa. Despite nearly a year of communication and many attempt on my part to assist them in the development of a professional API, they have one of the worst in the business.

When I say that we made every effort, I mean it. We worked with iRacing and iRacing provided the code to their amazing API. I packaged this up and made it public here: http://opengameapi.net/

Further I conducted a lot of industry research. This involved contacting nearly everyone who makes a software or device that reads in game data. We logged all of the data elements that each company uses and made a list for Kunos prioritized by number of companies using a particular data element.

Add to this nearly 20 communications via email and the fact that they fail to provide simple items that are at their fingertips such as lateral speed and vertical speed and I have to start scratching my head about motives.

Interestingly their Italian motion simulation partners seem to get data at will

Upvote 0
How long ago was that post (I am not an Iracing member)?

I can only speak from experience of using the software, and don't know how it derives the data it needs to generate the effects. In SimCommander 3 there was a very limited effects set, basically just rev and speed effects. Having used SimCommander 4 over the past few weeks it can now do road textures and suspension bumps (and kerbs!), so it is working as well as with any other sim I have.

I am just running SimVibe, so maybe it still isn't working as well as it might if you are using a motion rig due to it needing additional data for these, but for me currently it is feature complete.

Upvote 0
How long ago was that post (I am not an Iracing member)?

I can only speak from experience of using the software, and don't know how it derives the data it needs to generate the effects. In SimCommander 3 there was a very limited effects set, basically just rev and speed effects. Having used SimCommander 4 over the past few weeks it can now do road textures and suspension bumps (and kerbs!), so it is working as well as with any other sim I have.

I am just running SimVibe, so maybe it still isn't working as well as it might if you are using a motion rig due to it needing additional data for these, but for me currently it is feature complete.

My bad:notworthy:

It was dated almost a year ago. The post below it was still from june this year so i didn't notice it.

Good to hear that simcommander 4 works OK

Do you have any inside info about the expected release date?

Upvote 0
I was part of the first beta group, but now it has moved into a second smaller beta group which I am not part of.

The SimVibe functionality looked finished to me, but I think that they want to include the Accuforce wheel functionality for the final release, so I would guess that it will be released when that is before the end of the year?

Upvote 0
I was part of the first beta group, but now it has moved into a second smaller beta group which I am not part of.

The SimVibe functionality looked finished to me, but I think that they want to include the Accuforce wheel functionality for the final release, so I would guess that it will be released when that is before the end of the year?
I dont get it, you were part of the first beta group for AC? Or for Sim Commander 4?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years