Simulator sickness

For the first time in all of my years playing video games I got sick racing the karts.:sick: I have never felt this before, was wondering what was wrong with me. Stop playing, half hour later felt fine again, very weird sensation. I think I need to push back the monitor a bit when playing the karts.:p

• Deleted member 130869

I've read a lot of issues from people having that issue specifically with karts. I don't understand it but could be impacted by your FOV and distance from monitor. Plus ingame Head Movement/Yaw/Look Ahead settings.

Paul,
many suffer this because of the unreal movement of the horizon in race sims.
Search google for Real Head Motion plugin by magicfr . It is excellent. It basically moves the vehicle around your head instead of the environment around the car, prevents motion sickness and in my opinion makes the vehicle movement much more realistic.
If you suffer motion sickness, it is because of the abnormal motion of the sim, this little plugin will cure it. Originally for rFactor, works just as well in GSC ( make sure you download the rFactor 1 version, the rf2 is not compatible).

Just as a fun fact, motion sickness occurs when the inner ear gets information that is different to what the eyes are seeing (for example the eyes see you are in motion but the inner ear detects you are in a static position). When this happens, the brain thinks it has been poisoned and sends an order to the body to throw up and get rid of the poison in the system, this is why you feel sick.

Additional fun fact: Michael Schumacher suffers from motion sickness in the F1 pro simulators. He could never use them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%