F1 2013 Simulation settings in Multiplayer

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello to all.
When creating a custom online race under Host Options there is "Simulation Settings">>>Car Performance, and then two options...."2013" and "Equal" Could someone please explain the difference?
I mean, I would think "Equal" means any real person (non AI) in the race has a car no matter which one, it has no advantage. i.e. A Marussia is just as fast/good as a Red Bull....correct? But what happens if you set Car Performance to 2013? Thank you.

Yeah you more or less got it.

Equal mean all cars have equal performance. This being the natural choice when playing online, after all it's probably preferable that we all start the race with an equal chance of winning.

2013 means that each car has the performance of the real car used in 2013 (Well, how Codemasters believed the season would pan out, after a number of real life races). This includes handling. So Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Sauber, and Force India are more likely to be the dominating, better performing cars.

The second method is not one I would use, but I suppose some players might like it. I guess they come up with some scenario that determines who will get the best car, or the first choice of car before they race.

Thanks. I figured that, just not 100% sure. That is actually quite amassing if it really is accurate. This game has a serious amount of content, and a lot of logistics compared to other games.
I know it's not perfect but it seems to me this is a much more complicated game to get somewhat right than most, and don't understand so many complaints about it. I am very pleased with it, but I am no expert. Thanks again for the usual quick reply.

No problem :)

A tip ....... if you are playing an ONLINE equal race and want a setup. You are probably better off using a McLaren setup for the track you are racing at, even if your are using another team's car.

If I remember correctly, all the online equal cars use the McLaren car as a base (performance-wise), so a McLaren setup is probably the better choice to use. This is only when online, nothing to do with career mode.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone with jump in here and stomp all over me ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%