F1 2013 Simulated AI one second slower

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Did anyone notice that if you stay in the pits while the other cars are on track (with speed up time) they are roughly one second slower than if they do their laps while you are on the track too? This leads to funny things like a top 10 starting position for cars like Caterham etc. if they happen to be on the track while you do your qualifying laps.

I have only had one race so far, 100%, Legend AI, but i have not seen this happen.
Q3 of my race I went out for one run. Vettel was out as well. I put in a 1:34.4 and he did a 1:34.8 I went into the pits and fast forwarded time. Vettel went out again and put in a faster lap by 3 tenths, but I was still on pole by 1 tenth.

If this is true it will make for longer than necessary sessions while you wait for the sessions to expire in real time.

Also if you are in the pits and some drivers go out for a last run, qualifying stops if the clock hits zero, even if some drivers are still out posting personal best sector times. The game doesn't account for that (they can't complete their lap even though they should)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%