SIMUCUBE Direct Drive Wheel With Electronics Integrated Into The Motor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
So the SC2 has an accessory port for 3rd party products. Interesting in that it opens up a new standard vs. being closed to 3rd parties.

A whole new ecosystem. Cool.

What I'm curious about it whether this opens up additional integration. For example Heusinkveld has very flexible software for the Sprint Pedals that allows you to map different curves for different cars or conditions. I'm not sure how many people take advantage of this.

However if you are already setting your SC2 preferences for a specific title or specific car and title and pedal mapping came along for the ride, I think more people might take advantage of that feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I'm curious about it whether this opens up additional integration. For example Heusinkveld has very flexible software for the Sprint Pedals that allows you to map different curves for different cars or conditions. I'm not sure how many people take advantage of this.
Granite Designs sells their wireless PCBs (for steering wheels) to qualified 3rd parties, and allows those to sell them on to DIYers too (after inquiries from the community) - but offers no additional support for private constructions.
I don't think they have yet publicly given out info and data on that accessory port yet.

Upvote 0
I was curious where you guys were mounting your emergency stop buttons. I'm not sure if this will be my finally mount point, but it appears I can easily press the button with my leg, but not so easily that I would do so accidentally.
(My wheel ships tomorrow!!!)

emergencystop_4303.jpg

Upvote 0
There are obviously many ways to skin this cat. I've seen some that are mounted horizontally where someone could smack it with their hand. So we have leg, foot, hand triggering and just keep it away from me don't ever want to trigger it.

@RobertR1 I don't think keeping it out of reach with the SC2 is going to work for me given the beeping. Are you running another dd wheel or do you have an SC2 series right now?

Upvote 0
I must be a rare case in that the SC2 beep doesn't bother me in the slightest. Its a short, quiet (to my old ears) beep every 4 minutes and barely noticeable for me.

It also serves to remind me to disable high torque mode and power the base off before shutting down the pc. At present this is good practice as if the SC2 is powered up before starting the pc, the servo isn't recognised and causes True Drive to hang.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back