SIMUCUBE Direct Drive Wheel With Electronics Integrated Into The Motor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Sounds very definitive about his recommendation. His rig looked solid as a rock at 20 Nm.

His thoughts on the Podium are pretty definitive too.

"Hi Mate,
The Podiums are not in the same ballpark wrt quality, design and processing capabilities. The powerful electronics in the Simucube2 is truly gen 2, allowing for significant improvements in FW filters to be accommodated in the next few years. Podium is at a similar level wrt processing power to the 4-year old Simucube1, but it is even further behind in filters and feel."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Ouch, sounds like self promo, but if you think about it, they had an advantage of making mistakes and learning from them for good 4 years, add a few for OSW that was using GD hardware in DIY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
My first black delrin SC2 wheel hangar.
I think this will work well enough and I think the aesthetics are in keeping with the over all SimuCube design cues.

SC2delrinhangar_4281.jpg
SC2delrinhangar4283.jpg

Upvote 0
I've been asked a few times now for the .stl file for this. Somehow the assumption that this was 3D printed surprises me. 3D printers are great for many things, but this was pretty trivial to pop out with conventional tools and delrin is a nice dense solid that is self lubricating and won't mar the finish of my wheel side releases.

Sorry to disappoint but this was made using conventional tools, table saw, drill press, hand plane and scraper to finish it.
conventionaltools_4285.jpg

Upvote 0
My first black delrin SC2 wheel hangar.
I think this will work well enough and I think the aesthetics are in keeping with the over all SimuCube design cues.

View attachment 324164 View attachment 324165
are there full plans of this wheel adapter element (not your wheel holder)? I'd like to know its measurments to start designing ..."something" to attach it to my attempted wheel. Just diameter and dimensions of those four middle holes would be a good start.

edit: nevermind found the full doc pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have A simucube 2 on the way to me, shuld be delivered start of next week.
Been on a ionicube with A smal mige for the last 3 years so im Realy exited to see the difference. Ill report back when i have tryed it out.
I'm still running my 'old school' IONIcube too, with a super low 5000 res encoder!! omg.

haha
Would love to hear your thoughts once you get your SC2.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Is it weird that one day I jumped in to do laps and suddenly felt that the FFB I had previously been using for the better part of a year is absolutely disgusting? I've been running Sebastian's (SKeijemal from Youtube) settings in Simucube for the longest time now, with most titles running around 40% gain in game and 100% in the driver. I add a slight bit of in game smoothing normally (a couple of notches, maybe 3-5%) and have been completely fine with it. These settings include the reconstruction filter at 9, with a little damping. I couldn't understand why my FFB was SOOO heavy, unresponsive and generally felt like it was getting in the way to a point that I've never experienced before. This is in the space of time of a single night.

Previously, I've tried recon filter values around 1-3 and these felt unusable. They felt very 'mechanical', as if you could feel the current traveling throughout the servo and into the rim. It was very un-car steering wheel like, so I never ran it. I am now running recon filter at 1 (!) with 0.0% damping in the driver, a touch of friction and 3% inertia (not too sure what inertia does but it didn't feel good with it at 0% so I put it back).

I've changed nothing in game, and all cars feel a mile better than what I was running before. You get a lot more detail also coming through the rim. Not to a point that it was before with the weird electrical noise was noticeable, but just overall better.

I have no idea how something I've been using for so long, so frequently, could feel so wrong so quickly. Also weird is the fact that settings I felt completely unsuitable not long ago are now favourable. I cannot see how anything might have changed in the background, at a driver level without me knowing. Wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this epiphany relating to their FFB?

Upvote 0
According to Beano the real power is in the processing and the software to apply the filters.
With SC1, upgrading from a 5k to 10k encoder is definitely quite noticeable. Changing to the 40k was not as dramatic and it mainly affected the filter setting level, very little (if any) discernable change in feel at the wheel.

Upvote 0
Had been already posted?
RACEWERK S1 SIM RACING PEDALS

upload_2019-9-14_13-58-42.jpg

upload_2019-9-14_14-8-48.jpg

New Hydraulic pedals from compatibile only with SC2.
PEDALS

• Full aluminium CNC machined and anodized construction
  • Full hydraulic brake and clutch
  • Clutch bite point simulation via Bellewille spring stack
  • Modular design for easy mounting
  • Rebuildable and upgradable, in multiple stages
  • Simple construction for easy maintenance
  • Highly adjustable pedal angles, pedal ratios, pedal positions and stiffness
  • Custom built CNC machined hydraulic master and slave cylinders
  • High performance spherical bearing mounted cylinders with extra thick 13 mm shafts and 1" bore precision machined pistons
  • Spare parts are inexpensive and widely available
  • Industrial pressure and travel sensors for long service life and maximum precision
  • Made to look cool on your rig
  • 100% Compatible with Simucube 2 and connects to SC2 accessories port with calibration software, profiles, deadzone adjustment at 16bits 1000hz with ultra low latency.

Special feature of the Racewerk S1 Pro model:

• Extra large brake and throttle pads
  • The Tilton engineering 78-Series master cylinders offer the latest in racing master cylinder technology in a very lightweight and compact design. The rear spherical bearing mount and one-piece piston/pushrod eliminate side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking.
  • Billet aluminum body with proprietary low‐friction coatings minimize wear and provides smooth operation
  • Rear spherical bearing mount and one‐piece piston/pushrod eliminates side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking
  • Hand‐built and blueprinted for cut‐off port travel
  • External dust boot included
  • O‐ring seal at the main rod guide and body interface
  • 1.1” of stroke
Spefications and features may change during production, the pictures and renderings are for demonstration only final product will be different in a few details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Wrong thread
Had been already posted?
RACEWERK S1 SIM RACING PEDALS

View attachment 324431

View attachment 324433

New Hydraulic pedals from compatibile only with SC2.
PEDALS

• Full aluminium CNC machined and anodized construction
  • Full hydraulic brake and clutch
  • Clutch bite point simulation via Bellewille spring stack
  • Modular design for easy mounting
  • Rebuildable and upgradable, in multiple stages
  • Simple construction for easy maintenance
  • Highly adjustable pedal angles, pedal ratios, pedal positions and stiffness
  • Custom built CNC machined hydraulic master and slave cylinders
  • High performance spherical bearing mounted cylinders with extra thick 13 mm shafts and 1" bore precision machined pistons
  • Spare parts are inexpensive and widely available
  • Industrial pressure and travel sensors for long service life and maximum precision
  • Made to look cool on your rig
  • 100% Compatible with Simucube 2 and connects to SC2 accessories port with calibration software, profiles, deadzone adjustment at 16bits 1000hz with ultra low latency.

Special feature of the Racewerk S1 Pro model:

• Extra large brake and throttle pads
  • The Tilton engineering 78-Series master cylinders offer the latest in racing master cylinder technology in a very lightweight and compact design. The rear spherical bearing mount and one-piece piston/pushrod eliminate side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking.
  • Billet aluminum body with proprietary low‐friction coatings minimize wear and provides smooth operation
  • Rear spherical bearing mount and one‐piece piston/pushrod eliminates side thrust into the master cylinder bore, providing consistent and repeatable braking
  • Hand‐built and blueprinted for cut‐off port travel
  • External dust boot included
  • O‐ring seal at the main rod guide and body interface
  • 1.1” of stroke
Spefications and features may change during production, the pictures and renderings are for demonstration only final product will be different in a few details.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back