Simucube desk mount: legs facing inwards?

Would it be possible to install the left legs on the right side and viceversa, that is, facing inwards, instead of the default mode? That way it would be possible to make the use a narrower plate where the mount is sitting and thus save space for your legs. Have you tried this?

auguy-simucube-07.jpg

Should be doable from what i see on the picture.
( I use my SC2 pro with a bracket that a friend machined from a 10mm steel plate bolted to a DIY alu profile rig.)

My SC2 is limited to 20nm and that force shakes the whole rig when " going offroading" :mad:

When you try to build a desk mount I personally would make the base plate as wide as possible to spread the forces better to your desk.
Maybe you can make the base as wide or wider than your legs and safe room by inverting the clamping mechnism so that the fastening screws are ON TOP of your desk?

Or make it wide enough so that the clamps are on the sides of your legs?

Easiest way ( with the lowest "wife acceptance factor":O_o:) would be to drill through your desk and bolt it directly to the wood. With big washers under the desk and the nuts on top it should be quite sturdy and give you the necessary leg room.
And don´t do this to an antique desk :rolleyes:

For a SC2 you want to go as rigid as possible even when you plan to limit the FFB.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Here is how I had my SC2 Pro mounted for a month or so while waiting for profile rig. It worked fine. I used flat head M6(?) bolts on bottom side of Baltic birch plywood. The clamps were long reach to get beyond the beveled front edge of desk. Desk was very sturdy. I could put the bracket legs either way (inside or outside). I don’t think you want to go too narrow with mount.

Attachments

• 33325388-396C-4144-AFE1-AC3B9FEF9071.jpeg
    33325388-396C-4144-AFE1-AC3B9FEF9071.jpeg
    769.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is how I had my SC2 Pro mounted for a month or so while waiting for profile rig. It worked fine. I used flat head M6(?) bolts on bottom side of Baltic birch plywood. The clamps were long reach to get beyond the beveled front edge of desk. Desk was very sturdy. I could put the bracket legs either way (inside or outside). I don’t think you want to go too narrow with mount.
Yes, thats how I imagined mounting the clamps.

And I strongly suggest you go as wide as possible with the base plate and take the adjustable one.

I´ve never raced on a desk but the hight of chair and desk/wheel seems awkward to me.

MFG Carsten.

Upvote 0
if you mean it that way, yeah! it's possible

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-12 at 10.28.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-12 at 10.28.22.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 102
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-12 at 10.28.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-12 at 10.28.05.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0

Latest News