Simucube 2 Ultimate vs Bodnar Ultimate

td1garage

Audi LMS/GT3
New to the forums looking for some advice. I'm an RL GT3 driver looking to build a rig for practice at home. I'm brand new to sims and have been doing as much research as I can but haven't found a ton of recent info on Bodnar DD setups.

Is a SimSteering FFB 54 (Ultimate) going to be better than a Simucube 2 Ultimate?

We have a lot of top tier pro-racers over at iRacing recently switched over from SS2 to Simucube 2 Ult. They are all unanimous that the Ult is quite a bit better. I personally have owned 2x SS2 54g setups, but sold them both and also drive the Ult.

The SC2 can emulate the feedback from any other DD wheel available today, that’s how wide-ranging it;S capabilities, and setting the slew-rate slider to 0.1 - 0.2, you have the exact feel as Bodnar SS2.

But my feedback may not be seen as subjective, so ask around, especially on iRacing forums. Feel free to also visit community.granitedevices.com as there are a few ex-SS2 Bodnar guys around there, most notably Simon Povey, who was a pro-racer for quite a few years.

The best you can do though is try and drive both systems for at least a day each.

Hopefully it helps you make a decision.

Cheers,
‘Beano

Upvote 0
We have a lot of top tier pro-racers over at iRacing recently switched over from SS2 to Simucube 2 Ult. They are all unanimous that the Ult is quite a bit better. I personally have owned 2x SS2 54g setups, but sold them both and also drive the Ult.

The SC2 can emulate the feedback from any other DD wheel available today, that’s how wide-ranging it;S capabilities, and setting the slew-rate slider to 0.1 - 0.2, you have the exact feel as Bodnar SS2.

But my feedback may not be seen as subjective, so ask around, especially on iRacing forums. Feel free to also visit community.granitedevices.com as there are a few ex-SS2 Bodnar guys around there, most notably Simon Povey, who was a pro-racer for quite a few years.

The best you can do though is try and drive both systems for at least a day each.

Hopefully it helps you make a decision.

Cheers,
‘Beano

This is super helpful, thank you! I will check out those communities and do some additional research.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years