Simucube 2 SPORT vs. PRO

Hello guys,
can anyone tell the difference between the sport and pro version rather than the Top-End torque? I am trying to find out which one suits my needs. I dont think I would need the 25Nm of the Pro but does it deliver more details and/or inva better way?
BR

I have the SPORT since early June and I bought it because I never used 100% overall strength in any of my other FFB servos, im a low force racer (40% on all my Thrustmaster wheel bases)
With SC2 im in the Same boat, overall strength at +-40%.

Another important point to choose the SPORT was the 2 PSU of The PRO. Im an Electronic technician and my logic says that 1 PSU can cause problems but 2 of them generates twice as many problems.

With the difference of 300€ (vat included) between the PRO and SPORT, I bought 3 SQRs and spacers to enable 3 rims

Upvote 0
I have the Sport too,unfortunatly not using it atm but i did use it and ofcourse will again.
I had a Thrustmaster T500 and after some years off i had a Logitech G29 for a while.
I can only say 1 thing,and that is that the SC2 Sport is absolutely brilliant,i also didnt saw the benefits from the Pro just like @alfey20...and i really think there arent much.
If you care a bit about youre spendings i definitely would suggest the Sport :D.

Upvote 0
Very helpfull topic. I was also comparing both versions and see which one i should get. The more i read i noticed the sport version would be great for upgrading my T300. :) And with the money i save from the pro i can buy a wheel.

Upvote 0
I've decided on the Pro. IS Simracingbay the best place to buy for US residents?

That's where I got mine. Simracingbay ships fast too. Derek Speares also sells SimuCube in the US, however Simracingbay responds to questions and tries to be helpful. I've never gotten a return email from DSD. There may be plenty in stock now, but it seems Simracingbay shipped mine very quickly after I ordered and I would have had to wait a few more weeks with DSD.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Derek is very quick on responses and good with communication and updates in general, not sure why RCHeliguy experience is so different.
SRB has larger preallocated stock, don't take preorders, and usually ships faster. DSD seems like taking preorders first and only after that order stock, which means longer waiting time.
Price is about the same even with shipping, both have good reputation. The only difference is that in case of issues you would either ship at your expense to local dealer or across the pond. Can't think of anything else.
Read that some people in Canada were also hit by custom tax but seems like Tomo took care of that.

Upvote 0
Simracingbay had them back in stock this morning so I went ahead a did the deed. Now I need a wheel, but that purchase wiped me out financially for this month, I need something temporary just to try it out, and make sure it works.

Earlier some here recommended mid level options, but I'd like something even cheaper and them decide on a upper level wheel after more research. Can I just bolt on a rim for now. Do I have to have the button hub? Will a naked rim even bolt up?

Upvote 0
Simracingbay had them back in stock this morning so I went ahead a did the deed. Now I need a wheel, but that purchase wiped me out financially for this month, I need something temporary just to try it out, and make sure it works.

Earlier some here recommended mid level options, but I'd like something even cheaper and them decide on a upper level wheel after more research. Can I just bolt on a rim for now. Do I have to have the button hub? Will a naked rim even bolt up?

You don't have to have a button hub and you can bolt up a naked rim so long as it has the standard 50.8 or 70mm bolt pattern.

I'd recommend downloading the SC2 user manual as it has some nice illustrations showing the various mounting options that you go with:

https://granitedevices.com/w/images/a/aa/Simucube_2_User_Guide.pdf

Upvote 0
Good Idea, Thanks, downloading now.

That's good news about the rim. I could purchase a "great" rim now, and add a upper level hub later, so no money wasted right?

In another thread someone mentioned both the Sparco P310, and Sportline Imola 3-300 rims. Would one of those be a good candidate for later Asher hub upgrades?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

That's good news about the rim. I could purchase a "great" rim now, and add a upper level hub later, so no money wasted right?

In another thread someone mentioned both the Sparco P310, and Sportline Imola 3-300 rims. Would one of those be a good candidate for later Asher hub upgrades?

It really all depends on which type of button plate you have in mind.

Martin Ascher does have a small compatibility list at the foot of each button box's page. If you don't see the rim you'd like to use listed, I would go with dropping Martin a quick email and I'm sure he'd be able to confirm whether they would fit or not.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Yes for both, but I use older M size plate, check with Martin.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years