Simucube 2 Force Feedback Setup for Automobilista

I just downloaded AMS1 for the very first time, and I've having trouble getting the FFB to work. I am using the default profile within True Drive, and made the changes to controller.ini file that @Niels_at_home suggested for VR use in his recent video. However, I am getting crazy oscillations if I let go of the wheel, and there feels like there are almost no lateral forces despite having in-game FFB strength set to 50% with True Drive overall strength maxed-out at 25nm. Something is definitely wrong fundamentally, not just subjectively. I am sure I am missing something basic, but I can't put my finger on it. Is there a specific controller.ini file I need to download for the SC2 or something? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. I am really hoping to experience what AMS1 has to offer. Thanks!

You could play around with the realfeel settings. AMS 1 for better or worse, isn't one of those games you can just pick up and play and get the best out of it (I've found). To me it's the best game on the market, but in order to get there you need to edit the occasional file to bring certain things to life. Is this on every car across the board? Or one particular one?

Thanks for the response. It's on every car I tried, just with varying degrees of numbness. I posted on Granite Device forums and one of the helpful people over there posted a controller.ini file and a True Drive profile to go with it. It helped immensely! I can tell there are still improvements to be had, so I will adjust the realfeel settings for max torque. Are there other real feel settings I should adjust? I think Niels posted a video where he set smoothing in real feel to "3", but I don't recall any others besides the max torque. Thanks again for the response.

Last edited:
Unless you're really going for a workout, I would never set the SimuCube to 25Nm. That means games CAN do 25Nm, which is a huge amount. For serious simracing I often set the software to 15 and for casual driving to around 10. This is the upper limit of what the game can then do, so you can't get scary painful spikes.

The more strength you use in the SimuCube software, the more damping and inertia I use there as well. My default for ~10Nm strength is 0% friction and 30% damper and 30% inertia. Then in game, pure 180hz, zero 'low ffb boost' and you're mostly good to go. Make sure your rotation (say 540 in SimuCube) matches with the car setup steering lock (typically around 20 degrees for 540 degrees of wheel rotation)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%