'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Nearly half of the scanners from virustotal.com detect the last 3.20 executable as a malware:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0...000884195dc66f6eb72fb955615ba32ab06/detection
I understand the need of the protection from reverse-engineering, but this is getting ridiculous. Is there any other way to achieve that goal which would not trigger so many AV programs every single time?
Every decent antivirus program have exclusion section. In my cases mine AV jumped hard on the beta executable, adding it to exclusion manualy - solved the problem!:)

Upvote 0
excellent, it works perfectly
a curiosity...
if you activate the Sim Dashboard app that uses the same port (29373), SimShaker no longer works. There is a solution ? thank you

Upvote 0
excellent, it works perfectly
a curiosity...
if you activate the Sim Dashboard app that uses the same port (29373), SimShaker no longer works. There is a solution ? thank you
In general when you use more than one app for same udp port - it is very common to have problems....one of the solution I found - if one of the apps have redirect options to other udp port and set second app to this different udp port

Upvote 0
Hello Andre

when the ESCAPE button is pressed the effects remain active; we always feel the vibrations

On dirt rally 1 that does not do that. the effects are stopped

Upvote 0
I recently downloaded the demo of SimShaker to test it out with RF2 and I've noticed that the vibrations are not what I would expect as previously I have used SimXperience. For example, for the vibrations related to the engine, when at idle, I simply get a slow thump thump thump pulse at about 2 beats per second. When revving the engine it does pickup, but it's not anywhere close to realistic. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I'm using a single butt kicker.

Upvote 0
I recently downloaded the demo of SimShaker to test it out with RF2 and I've noticed that the vibrations are not what I would expect as previously I have used SimXperience. For example, for the vibrations related to the engine, when at idle, I simply get a slow thump thump thump pulse at about 2 beats per second. When revving the engine it does pickup, but it's not anywhere close to realistic. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I'm using a single butt kicker.
Do you see Engine Beat settings on the main panel of the app? Try to adjust there.

Upvote 0
So, in Windows and SimVibe I can activate each transducer individually.

In SSW, I can only get tactile response from my front 2 transducers. I've noticed that tone tests exhibit this same behavior.

Does anyone know what's going on?

I am in 2.0 stereo mode, because I'm getting an "NaudioPlaybackEngine 6 ch: could not initialize playback device" error when trying to go into 5.1.

Edit: I actually can get the tone tests in Windows right, but I can't get output from the transducers when I actually try to use them. This is weird because SimVibe still works and everything.

Edit 2: Okay actually saw some discussion about the Rift, so I disabled that and set everything up. Test works now, but hopefully this doesn't keep breaking or have to recur everytime I want to use the software.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, I do have that, but it only allows me to adjust the volume of the effect. I've even played with the advanced settings for engine beat, but it just continues to produce a slow rhythmic pulse.
That looks like an old Engine Beat effect, please check that you don't have Start Effect slider at 0%
2019-02-28 14-05-04 SimShaker - Wheels.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%