'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
issue with all game ...just try to open simshaker and ...((simshaker wheel stop working)) beta or ssw both not working!...and 1week before all th egame work and the progam too....help pls
Both versions work fine at my PC.
Please create a support ticket here and provide me with essential information requested in the form.

Upvote 0
Guys,
I've published SSW beta version 2.35 with added Customized Samples Subfolder selector on the Advanced Options tab.
To use it you will want to create up to 10 subfolders (may be just one) in any of \Audio\Customized/1 or Customized/2 or Customized/6 folder with names Car1, Car2, ....Car10 and put your samples into it.
2017-12-13 17-32-19 Car1.png

Selected Subfolder is stored in SSW game related presets, when a preset is loaded it will set the Subfolder value. You can save as many presets as you want. By default samples are loaded from Customized/1 or Customized/2 or Customized/6 folder.

You can control which samples are loaded on General Settings tab.
2017-12-13 17-38-27 SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.35 .png

This feature may be used with UWV files as well. The only difference is that you will want to create subfolders in \JetSeat\Customized folder.

Happy customization!

Upvote 0
Nom de l’application défaillante SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.exe, version : 2.32.0.0, horodatage : 0x5a2267fc
Nom du module défaillant : d3d9.dll, version : 10.0.16299.98, horodatage : 0xe2fbf0fc
Code d’exception : 0xc0000096
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000481d1
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2970
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d3742c2fa3b06f
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\C9JXWVCH.KZH\BZZB75OR.AWN\sims..tion_a8fba1aad27c3996_0002.0020_ab2c59c5a317fcb4\SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
ID de rapport : 844e0d6c-935c-4239-abdd-c6490052ded6
Nom complet du package défaillant :

Upvote 0
System
-
Provider
[ Name] Application Error
- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level 2
Task 100
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2017-12-13T16:05:25.431189700Z
EventRecordID 71731
Channel Application
Computer DESKTOP-O88E1B2
Security
-
EventData
SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.exe
5a2267fc
d3d9.dll
e2fbf0fc
c0000096
000481d1
01d3742c2fa3b06f
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\C9JXWVCH.KZH\BZZB75OR.AWN\sims..tion_a8fba1aad27c3996_0002.0020_ab2c59c5a317fcb4\SimShaker-Wheels-Launcher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
844e0d6c-935c-4239-abdd-c6490052ded6

Upvote 0
Okay so tried out the new custom folder "Car1" etc option.

Placed three different bump effects I am testing, one in each "Car1" "Car2" "Car3" folder and yep working a treat. Can easily swap between these now within SSW panel. :thumbsup:

However the drawback, is going to be people remembering what is in each "Car1-10" folders.

Is there any way the user can name the folder within SSW? Or for SSW to detect the folders and names they may have?

We could have profiles for....

Front Engine
Mid Engine
Rear Engine

based cars......

But also entirely different classes/types of cars across various sims.

Potential to make .wav suited effects easily available to download for "specific cars" needs a way to easily identify and load them into SSW.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, beta version 2.33 features Project CARS 2 shared memory reading and remembers SimShaker - Wheels main window position on the screen.
By default Project CARS 1 shared memory is used, to enable Project CARS 2 version please use Read Shared Memory 2 checkbox.
View attachment 225949
Sorry for noob question but what is this “shared memory thing” for? Will I have an advantage (which?) if I change to the new “shared memory PC2” option? I’m using PC2 in VR with the Jetseat and everything seems to work nice. So what’s the benefit of switching to the new option?

Upvote 0
Sorry for noob question but what is this “shared memory thing” for? Will I have an advantage (which?) if I change to the new “shared memory PC2” option? I’m using PC2 in VR with the Jetseat and everything seems to work nice. So what’s the benefit of switching to the new option?
Good question. That's important if you use more than one application reading PC2 shared memory. If they read different version of shared memory you can't use them at the same time, since PC2 allows to set to read only one version of shared memory, 1 or 2, as you can see in PC2 System menu.

Upvote 0
:laugh:

I think if the user can just name the folder for the car or whatever they want to call it and then load it from within SSW. This would then be better, if that's possible, would be appreciated....
Mr Latte,
I assume using already existing Presets feature from the same Advanced Options tab.
Using Save As button you can give it any name, it will store all the sliders values and selected subfolder (isn't it cool?). You could share presets along with your sets of samples.

Using Load button the preset can be loaded by a user from arbitrary folder on the computer, for instance, from the subfolder itself, where you put it.

To start SSW with a given preset automatically a user should tie it up to a game in SSW-Launcher table, using Change button.

Upvote 0
Good question. That's important if you use more than one application reading PC2 shared memory. If they read different version of shared memory you can't use them at the same time, since PC2 allows to set to read only one version of shared memory, 1 or 2, as you can see in PC2 System menu.
Thanx for explaining, but I still don’t get it. What does that mean “use more than one application reading PC2 shared memory” (examples?)?
I turn on the game and have great fun with my Jetseat and PC2 so I think I don’t need to change to the new option, right?

Upvote 0
Mr Latte,
I assume using already existing Presets feature from the same Advanced Options tab.
Using Save As button you can give it any name, it will store all the sliders values and selected subfolder (isn't it cool?). You could share presets along with your sets of samples.

Using Load button the preset can be loaded by a user from arbitrary folder on the computer, for instance, from the subfolder itself, where you put it.

To start SSW with a given preset automatically a user should tie it up to a game in SSW-Launcher table, using Change button.

AHHHHHH indeed you smart cookie... :)
The confusion was, you illustrated only the custom samples and creating a "Car" folder for them.

Sooooooooo, basically, NOW if we go to save "SSW Slider Settings" as a preset. (top left in advanced options) It will ALSO save and remember which "Car 1,2,3 etc" group of effects was being used.

Example, for those a bit confused like I was. :unsure:

Scenario:
So, let's say the user has downloaded a batch of effect files created for a "Porsche 911 RSR" and they place these into custom files folder "Car 2" folder.

• When in game with this car you select "Car 2" batch of files to feel these operating.
  • Then choose slider settings that you feel are to your preference.
  • Next just save this as a "Preset" to whatever you want to name it, eg "Porsche 911 RSR 01"
  • This can then be loaded later and it will use the correct files "Car 2" but ALSO the slider values you saved
  • A user could have multiple presets saved for the same "car" using different settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Possible Bug Issue?

Engine Beat
Setting RPM to 0% for activating old "engine beat 1" (3) .
However if trying to set a different value after this, the "engine beat 1" (3) still remains with "engine beat 2" (7) then also activated.

To stop "engine beat 1" operating requires closing the control panel to reset SSW.

This gave me an idea.........
Maybe something productive can be done with this? Do you think Andre we could try to implement such for harmonic purposes? I cant see anyone wanting to use the original engine beat 1. Yet is a possibility effect 3 could be created to act as a paired harmonic of effect 7. Not entirely sure it would work but heck Im all for trying stuff.

Or do we try to convince you to convert (3) into a speed based engine effect.
I gotta keep asking :)

I have started working on generating engine files to suit and feel different for various cars :

V4
V6
V8
V10
V12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@=Andre= I do strongly agree with what @Mr Latte asks concerning engine. Not necessarily towards the proposed solution, but surely towards A solution. Engine effect seriously lacks sensation and needs to be fixed if SSW wants to be a contender tactile telemetry software and not a complementary option for the other one.
I also can see option for many custom base folders a good thing (and whilst not a programmer it seems its an easy implementation, ain't it?)
Having customized effects really takes off what SSW can feel like.
I don't have time to follow up all the time but @=Andre= surely you have added many nice implementations since some time back that I had checked. Keep up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back