'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:

Mr Latte

Premium
Spent several hours tonight on finalising some engine effects I have been working on. Really happy with tonight's new results. It's feeling, pretty darn good and working well with gear change and Acc Long effect when accelerating.

One thing that I have to try and push for as I think it is important but is missing.
Is a speed based load effect to represent the engine approaching its maximum speed and at its highest RPMs.

Begin to operate from @40% of Cars Max Speed - Increase In Gain - Max Speed
Is this possible Andre?

I was able to generate a layer within Simvibe for this type of sensation with engine tests I was doing in the past. Although setting a manual speed for it to begin.

Its noticeably missing mostly on long straights. While Acc Long gives good sensation in acceleration and upto approx 150mph. I personally feel a real need for having a speed based effect to continue with the highest speeds and bring more adrenalin to max velocity.

We are so, so close to generating REALLY good engine effects but this would help greatly if also added for Beta Testing.

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Guys, beta version 2.33 features Project CARS 2 shared memory reading and remembers SimShaker - Wheels main window position on the screen.
By default Project CARS 1 shared memory is used, to enable Project CARS 2 version please use Read Shared Memory 2 checkbox.
2017-12-10 11-04-28 SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.33.png

Upvote 0
Starting a cockpit build and want to incorporate tactile feedback so been doing some research. There are so many different options though it is a little overwhelming, but getting there I think. Looking to start with a Behringer iNuke 1000 DSP, but can't decide to just start with 1 or 2 BK mini-LFEs, go all out with 4, or go with something else like the Auras. Will be mounting them to this (https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Playseat-Driving-Simulator-Included/dp/B073ZVYW2C). Was looking at SimVibe originally but it is sounding like Sim Shaker Wheels may have the preferred setup for ease of use for the first-timer like me.

Upvote 0
Been on SSW website and contact us.

Reported this is since the last SSW update.
SSW will not load in iracing.

I have a Yellow/Red icon (!) in the tray ASIO

I can feel all my tactile when I run TEST in SSW
I also feel and hear audio.

ASUS Xonar DGX is the only device I have active in WDM.
Realtek HD input & output are idle.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thank you
Unfortunately, you have not reported which version of SSW in use, I suggest you are talking about beta version of SSW. I consider the beta version to be used mostly if a person is experienced enough in software to help me in testing new features.
Please use a released (stable) version of SSW, I hope you will not encounter such problems with it.

Upvote 0
From Sunday I have been running beta version 2.33 .

Since then SSW would not work with iracing.
Today I have started to use SSW 2.32, I can now use SSW in iracing.

What does the Beta 2.33 have that 2.32 does not ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%