'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi Andre,

Just down;loaded and trying to run as demo in assetto corsa, excuse my ignorance but is there a manual showing me what to do, I'm a bit lost, which output do I plug my butt kicker into and every time I start it up with ac when I go to load a race or practice the game crashes.

Thanks Grant.

Upvote 0
1.) Again massive problems with windows defender regarding the beta version and no option to restore quarantined files (don't know why -maybe last Windows Update to Version 1709?). This is totally annoying.

2.) I hope we will see support for new 64bit Version of Raceroom soon.

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
1.) Again massive problems with windows defender regarding the beta version and no option to restore quarantined files (don't know why -maybe last Windows Update to Version 1709?). This is totally annoying.
I agree that windows defender experience is really annoying. I would recommend to replace it with some free, but more smart and handy antiviral software (Avast, AVG, Avira etc.) as many of us have already done.

If you really want to keep using windows defender I would recommend:
1) Temporarily disable windows defender
2) Install or update SimShaker - Wheels beta.
3) Start beta SimShaker - Wheels-Launcher and press Open Program Folder button and copy a path of the application*.
4) Add the folder to windows defender exclusions list as a folder.
5) Enable windows defender.
*-every update will change the path of the application.

You can also try Restore button to restore deleted SimShaker - Wheels.exe file from the backup copy, if needed.

2.) I hope we will see support for new 64bit Version of Raceroom soon.
Available in beta version 2.32.

Upvote 0
Actually strange but i could now install the new beta as usual by allowing the installation after the warning message from Windows Defender.
The "problem" was always the SimShaker - Wheels.exe after installing the launcher. But in this version it works again.

Upvote 0
Actually strange but i could now install the new beta as usual by allowing the installation after the warning message from Windows Defender.
The "problem" was always the SimShaker - Wheels.exe after installing the launcher. But in this version it works again.
Same here, although I had to reconfirm my SW key as Sim shaker was running in demo mode?!

Upvote 0
New users of SSW here. Just got one mini BK LFE setup last night with iNuke 1000 DSP. I think i have a bit of tweaking to do yet. One questions / comment in regards to engine beat.

Would it be possible to use throttle input as a trigger to work with the revs, I would like to feel a difference in engine when my foot is on the throttle, to when it is coasting?

I do like the new beta version with regard to extra engine tone - good work.

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Thank you for the feedback.

Would it be possible to use throttle input as a trigger to work with the revs, I would like to feel a difference in engine when my foot is on the throttle, to when it is coasting?
I do not have that in plans.
Can't you feel it with the existing effect?

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
Thank you for the feedback.

I do not have that in plans.
Can't you feel it with the existing effect?

You could possibly take the Engine feature further by adding.

1) SPEED based effect
Obviously, RPM can be active in every gear but a SPEED based filter is off prior to whatever speed activates it. Or operating between a start/stop speed value. Such could be used differently (if adjustable) for specific cars for an additional sensation. Yet how far do you want to take this, as it works closer to having then the need for "car specific" effect settings? The more tools you give us the more we can, however, create even better immersion.

2) Wind Noise also speed activated but could be a (fixed speed) for all cars. Some people liked this on Simvibe but would not be hard to implement.

Hoping here for this next one,,,,,
I would like the newly added "additional tone" used in RPM to have an adjustable volume of its own. It just gives users more control for fine-tuning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, beta version 2.31 featuring Engine Beat Extra Tone (sample 17) starting at 95% is published.
Please test it out.

View attachment 224272

Many thanks Andre. This and now Beta 2.32 has really brought my SSW to life. Have tested in Project Cars 2 and rFactor2 and it works very well.

I only have one BK Advance, bolted to my seat, but the addition of the engine to the other effects (driven by the files @Mr Latte kindly provided to me) makes everything feel much more natural than before. Great work.

Edit: Assetto Corsa also working well. Great sensation of immersion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, Im new to the forum. Recently purchased simshaker wheels to use with jetseat. Working perfectly with dirt rally and f1 2016 after necessary changes to code. However with project cars 1 and 2 it has recently stopped working. I did make the advised changes in game to shared memory and was working perfectly. However now it still loads up with the game and options are highlighted green but no response in game. Has anyone experienced similar problem or know what I could try?

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
Many thanks Andre. This and now Beta 2.32 has really brought my SSW to life. Have tested in Project Cars 2 and rFactor2 and it works very well.

I only have one BK Advance, bolted to my seat, but the addition of the engine to the other effects (driven by the files @Mr Latte kindly provided to me) makes everything feel much more natural than before. Great work.

Edit: Assetto Corsa also working well. Great sensation of immersion.

Im delighted Andre takes onboard what all the community is saying and is willing to try and implement things into the beta. Amazing how quick he implemented this engine feature as requested. :thumbsup:

You need to talk with @signman about how well a TST/BK can work in a seat when combined as the cen/sub channels. Or using left/right (if only on 2 channel mode). I would quickly see about importing in a TST 239 from Parts Express as it will help bring even more detail into the RPM than your BKA.

All you then need is a specially adapted iNuke profile to load and Im hoping to have much better files/effects released prior to the end of this Year. We are still working on them.

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
This is an image proposal for the future to you @=Andre= :)

How hard would it be to have the full range of bump values divided into 3
Then each have their own individual .wav and gain controls

I believe this would improve the sensation bringing more felt variation and could give better feeling bump effects than Simvibe, (if it was implemented).

Using .wav possibilities
Small Bumps @ 60-90 Hz
Medium Bumps @ 35-55 Hz
Large Bumps @ 10-30 Hz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.0%
  • €151-500